"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, January 17, 2013

just a 'quiche'...


do you remember when quiche, the egg/cheese dish, was often mispronounced quickie?  One of my favourite Designing Women episodes included that bit of conversation and I remember it to this day!  Still makes me smile.

Well, I'm here tonight for a quickie (update).

Yesterday, Wednesday, my beautiful baby girl gave birth to a beautiful, healthy, hungry, perfect-in-every-way son, named Henry.  He took his sweet time getting here and finally, finally arrived after c-section.  He is not large by any means but unfortunately I don't feel comfortable with over sharing until my daughter is ready.  He has a wonderful name, after both great-grandfathers, and I know my dad would be so proud of his L-girl.   We were all gathered at the bedside last night for some photos and I will post when/if I get the o.k.

For now, all is well, and we are Blessed beyond words with this new little addition to our ever growing family.  Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes, with just a few bumps along the way those were all obviously heard and answered.  Sleep well all.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the update sweet Joanne. What wonderful news, so happy to hear all is well. What a blessing those sweet little ones are. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to hear the good news about "Henry's arrival"!! Congratulations! I love the name Henry!!! We BOTH have grandsons with the same name! Keep us posted when you can and can't wait to see a picture! **HUGS** around!

    We will be having a new granddaughter in three weeks!! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such good news and a wonderful name! Enjoy your weekend with the family.
    Best wishes Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and your family-a new babe and sounds like everyone is fine. What a magical time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how wonderful that the young man has arrived. I look forward to any pictures you can share. I am so glad that he is here. I am sure his cousin is rather happy at that too. I do hope you are having a less pain day so you can enjoy the new grand even more!!!!

    I am so happy for your expanding family!

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such exciting times for your family, I'm so happy to hear that all is well! Nothing in the world like holding a new baby, especially, when he's your own Grandbaby!!! Blessings to all of you, and sending positive thoughts for a fast recovery for little Henry's Mama! Big hugs, Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried leaving a comment a while ago, but I guess it didn't take. Congratulations on Henry. I love his name. It is strong and passionate. Blessings to you and his mommy and daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome, little Henry! There are a lot of people who are very glad you've arrived and can't wait to spoil you as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! So glad everything went well and little Henry has joined your family. Congratulations to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Henry !!!...I love names that are in honor of, or named after a relative, ancestor. LOVE THAT.
    Alllll my 5 children have names the weren't just "pulled out of a hat"...but have family meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to you and your family and welcome Henry! Love the name and I'm betting he's a cutie. Enjoy time with family this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...