"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, December 3, 2012

It seems that...

...some where in all the busyness of November, between the birthdays and holidays, the shopping and wrapping, the cooking and eating, the gaining and losing of two pounds, the healthy days and the sick ones, the delightful days and the terribly painful ones, the days of sheer joy and the days you don't want to get up, the decorating and the dreaming, somewhere, somehow, I lost my blogging muse.  And to make matters worse, I stopped taking my own advice, you know the ones right?   Like, everyday you have a choice, choose joy, I choose contentment...all of those sweet diddies, well I forgot all about them and I let the outside world get the better of me.  BUT, that's o.k., it happens to all of us at times and now I need to step back, brush myself off, get back on my bike or high horse, which ever I rode in here on, and start living my life again.  So I am.  And to that end I owe some apologies to you, my friends but especially to my SSS because I've made it so incredibly hard for you to figure out who I am!

I promise I'll be back as soon as I brush off the dust, do a little sweeping, and take a deep breath.  I've got a few thrifty things to share, and even a craft (that I stole from Pottery Barn no less!)  See you soon, take care all......no smarty pants advice today.

12 comments:

  1. Huh! You're not perfect like we thought? You're in such good company!LOL My muse left me for the longest time I thought she was gone for good. She visiting again now,in spurts. Looking forward to seeing yor PB craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne. It is hard to find a balance sometimes in this blogging world. I took a break for a few weeks and took care of some real life stuff, too. Blessings- hope to see you soon- xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be here when you are ready to be back to blogging. I think most of us get into blogging slumps now and then. I am not posting much right now, just not that much to blog about and things around here to do. It is okay if we have a break now and then. Looking forward to seeing your craft and your next post. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Joanne,
    I wish for you, to smile for you and just do what you feel like doing. But don't be hard on yourself...
    Best wishes Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will all be here when you are ready. Many of us take a break from blogging to refresh our minds. I am looking forward to seeing your latest projects. Take care of yourself Joanne. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The joy of blogging is in the control of your own writings. It's your blog and your faithful followers will wait and enjoy what comes next! So take some time and we'll be here Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take good care of yourself-pat yourself on the back for knowing when you need to take a breath, not everyone can do that. I'll keep you in my prayers to find that special place again. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. *hugs* Joanne. Take care of yourself. God bless. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand this so well and love how you explained it.

    All will be well again soon. It always is and we know it. That's how we get through it :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joanne, rest, catch your breath, get your focus and we'll see upon your return. All the best to you dear friend.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe that's all worked out okay! I would never have guessed you were in crisis when that box was packed!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...