"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, December 27, 2012

and the church bells rang, and the children sang...









We had a wonderful Christmas with our little Miss M and our soon to be born Master H.  They brought their parents, who happen to be our children, with them and craziness ensued and fun was had by all.  This year the holidays really sneaked up on me and there was so much that I didn't get done.  I didn't have a chance to have my annual cookie decorating party, nor did we get the tree up until Christmas Eve.  My little elf had been sick so we waited for her to come over and decorate it for us and she did a fabulous job of it!  I didn't get a chance to show you my Crate and Barrel knock-off of NOEL but it you are really interested in it I can do it in a later post.  We only had sandwiches and snacks for our Eve dinner then desert at the in-laws.  Really though when it all comes down to it, the only thing that mattered is that we were all here, together...family.  The best.
I hope your holiday was joyful, there is a new year right around the corner and lots of hope and promise as we make another run around the sun.  Be well and I will see you all soon.

p.s.  I took 94 photos on Christmas Eve and most of them were too dark or fuzzy...these are the best of the worst.  I really need to figure out what my camera problem is!



10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you made memories and that makes for a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My camera is 'smarter' than me, too. It's annoying.
    So glad you had a nice holiday! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is insignificant...to the joy and blessings of having your family around for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are beautiful and so is that sweet face! I'm glad you had a good Christmas with your family. Nothing matters more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it that the photos you did get are adorable! Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas and it's not about the food, it's about the family and the good times and the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas at your house looks like the best time Jojo! Your Miss M is a beauty (but then I don't have to tell you that, do I?)
    Sending wishes for a Happy New Year!
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    It all looks beautiful and being with family is so special.
    Wishing you a very Happy New Year!
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a delightful time! My pics are awful too...dim lighting is tough to work Cheers and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a happy Christmas and that's all that counts.

    Call me sometime! Love you and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...