"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

it's a fine line between the darkness and the dawn...




When the singer's gone let the song go on, it's a fine line between the darkness and the dawn.
They say in the darkest night there's a light beyond, but the ending always comes at last.

Endings always come too fast.

They come too fast, but they pass too slow.

words by art garfunkel

8 comments:

  1. I love that song. It has always echoed in my heart- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some endings are just hard to get past. Big warm hugs sweet Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the song and am working today on my own ending...either that or I'm moving to WA. I got your message...I don't know how I missed that call! I'll try you about 4 p.m. IL time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs* ♥
    Have a blessed Friday. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to only re-read the happy chapters, but sometimes I must admit, I replay the ugly ones. I'm often out with my pooch just before dawn and have come to love the dreamy quality of light just as the sun rises...and the glory of it is, it happens EVERY day!!! Wishing you new beginnings if you are facing endings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite songs...I wish I could rip a few chapters out of my book of life...or face that darkness with more courage and hope for the dawn.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...