"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

it's not Garp...

in the external scheme of things,


shining moments are as brief as the twinkling of an eye,
yet such twinkling's are what eternity is made of~~
moments when we human beings can say...
"I love you," "I'm proud of you," "I forgive you," "I'm grateful for you."
that's what eternity is made of...invisible, imperishable, good stuff.

the world according to Fred Rogers.

8 comments:

  1. Hello,
    So true and we need to say these things more.
    Like... thank you for your blog, I have enjoyed reading it over the weekend and it has helped me contemplate a lot about life.
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world lost a wonderful man when Fred Rogers died. His wisdom is needed in everyone's "neighborhood".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those moments are so important to have....if we are lucky enough to notice! This was lovely Joanne! I needed to be reminded.
    I have to ask......what is that in the photos? Did I miss something? Probably.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK!! lol
      Now I see it!! That is a GIANT one!!

      Delete
  4. Jojo, that was simply touching. I have been working on becoming more aware of my surroundings; for example, if my life depended on it, I couldn't tell you the number of houses on our block. We humans take so much for granted. Thank you for being such a good friend and sister from another mother. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely,....that IS what eternity is made of
    I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank heavens for Mr. Rogers! Tolerant, thoughtful, calm--we can never have too many reminders about what's really important over the long haul.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...