"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, September 13, 2012

showing off my galette...

...(oh blogger, how you mock me)
yesterday, while thinking of something to make for dinner and perusing the internets I came across a recipe from the
Now her recipe was from another blogger, who she links in her post, and seemed
just to be the thing I was looking for.
It was so very easy and even better than that
I used up some of the plethora of veggies
AND
it was delish.
What's a galette you ask?
It's sort of a pocket made from pie crust
then filled with assorted veggies
and topped with a batter
and cooked in the oven.
It was so easy to swap out ingredients that I didn't have on hand,  just as Farmlady did.
I swapped out cottage cheese/cream cheese for ricotta.
egg-beater for an egg yolk.
Dubliner cheese for mozzarella/Parmesan.
used zucchini for my first layer
sliced up mini-belle peppers for my second layer.
and added tomatoes, sliced, for the top layer.
brushed the crust with milk instead of egg
put it all together
folded over the dough, baked and
viola.
OH, and I topped mine with
avocado.

(I never said it was pretty but it sure was good. )
and if you could understand any of that then give it a try...it's a lazy girl kind of recipe.  And I know at some point in time, since beginning this blog, that I said I would never-ever-ever post a food recipe...what can I say, I'm weak...it was that good!  But don't count on it happening again.

In other happenings around here I finished putting two coats of ASC paint on my little shelf and used the portion that was on the floor to paint a large picture frame that I had on hand.  See...all that thrifting does pay off!   Then today I distressed and waxed.  It should be dry enough to buff tomorrow and then I can have a little photo session and show you how it turned out.  I'm pretty happy with it so-far though my intention was to lightly distress and it became a 'therapy' distressing as I was quite stressed at the time.  That is just a big riddle isn't it.  OK, so watch for Friday or Saturday and the big unveiling.



try a little tenderness and spread around some joy
and have a good day all

10 comments:

  1. Oh the food and the painted project are BOTH looking good to me- Hope you have a great day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I am overrun with apples right now. Made two batches of apple sauce and froze one. I will let you know how that works when I thaw it. May not hold together well, but should do for breads and muffins and the like. I have some random veggies from my garden and your recipe may be just the thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe looks delicious. I can eat anything topped with avocado and/or covering a crust :) I know, but I covet crusts of any kind but don't tell my oncologist.

    You tease. Can't wait for the unveiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to find that recipe it looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when a dish looks like yours...creamy, veggie, and yummy! Can't wait to see the project completed. Now if I could just complete a few of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to try your lovely recipe. I't looks delicious and creamy. Thats why I love it! Nice blog!

    business cards online

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks awesome--and no, my husband would not eat it---oh, but I would. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks awesome--and no, my husband would not eat it---oh, but I would. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...