"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Monday morning randomness...

...Summer is a done deal, and wow, were we ever treated to a beautiful one this year.  It's been many, many years since we could say that!  With over fifty days without rain and nice warm temperatures it was as if our little spot in the PNW had been temporarily moved to a tropical island. It was worth the wait, and now as we step in to Fall it looks as though we may also enjoy Indian Summer, my favourite.

...I spent the day with my sweetie-pie grand and we had such a fun time.  She is teaching us sign language and I'm beginning to think that saying about teaching an old dog new tricks is true!  She was frustrated with  me a few times...but we turned it all into fun.  There is no physical reason that she needs to know sign language she has just picked it up here and there so her momma bought her a DVD and she just soaks it up.  Neat kid that one.

...My daughter found out that she is having a son, due the middle of January.  We are so thrilled for her/hubby as they have been working on this for quite some time.  I guess after awhile without success it becomes 'work.'  So now our little family will grow again and we will welcome a grandson into our clan.  Growing up without extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins, grands) just makes it all the more special to me to see my children have their own, close in age, and right across town.

...I've been seeing some cute little pumpkin crafts around the blogs and am going to try, t.r.y. making some of them this week.  Hoping to take a nice long walk down to the river and find some interesting filler for my Fall wreath.  I probably should do some of that darn summer clean up too but I don't want to tax myself too much!  What are your plans this first week of Autumn?

p.s.  I had a much better post all ready to go but the powers that be, blogger, are making me crazy.  Is anyone else having problems with the new interface?  

9 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a good summer. Ours was a bit too hot in July with the temps over 100, but now we are having temps in the 60s and 70s so fall is definitely here in Michigan. Congratulations on the newest expected addition to the family! How exciting a new baby! I love your randomness today!!!!!!

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what problems you'e having, Joanne, but you may be able to find things in the settings to make the new interface work better.
    (That's assuming interface is the one I've been having problems with.)

    Congratulations on the new grandson and spending time with your granddaughter! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the Grandson who will be joining your family soon, spending time with the Grandbabies is a blessing, and the lessons they teach us is a joy.

    not sure what problems you are having, but hopefully they will clear up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot,woot on the new baby boy coming soon! That makes any season great! Blogger??? well it's blogger!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post!!

    Fall/autumn is my favorite time of year! We are still NEEDING rain, desperately! I was in a nearby town yesterday and it poured rain for about 10 minutes. I wanted to open my sun roof and take some home. They even had puddles! They are saying that this is the worst dought in a VERY long time, and I believe it!

    I kicked off my first week of fall at our "Frontier Town" when they had their festival over the week-end. The weather couldn't have been better! The one-room, country school where my husband and his siblings along with all three of our children attended had been "redone" and was on display. So fun to see it being used! I am proud that part of our history is there!

    Next up is to travel east for Husker football this week-end and a reunion for my husband's class at school. So far the weather looks to be delightful....only a light jacket in the evenings!!

    Our granddaughter will turn four this week, too, so need to get her gift mailed today without fail! You are so lucky that you live so close to your children! Today we find out if our granddaughter will have a brother or a sister and we can't wait!

    Lots on the "fun docket this week! Enjoys yours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fall is my favorite season! Congrats on the grandson...keeping them in my prayers. What a way to start 2013! Any names yet? Love ya, Ness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new baby! You are the first person I heard who has loved having a drought. I guess if I lived there, where it rains so much, I would be happy too. I'm loving the fall weather we're having...very cool and leaves turning quickly. The fall festivals are here too so I'm having some fall season love! Halloween is also a favorite time and I enjoy getting decorated for that too. Enjoy your lovely weather. My son and his family are moving there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been soaking up these last wonderful days of fall here too. I hate HATE to know they will be coming to an end all to quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the new baby! January is a great month to be born (my month) he he.

    We are so enjoying this mild 70s fall also. The days are sun kissed and the evenings are crisp. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...