"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, August 18, 2012

seasons...




"To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time to build up,a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven"
Ecclesiastes

I don't know how to start this C.W.
listening to all those people today, telling stories of knowing you.  Some I knew as I was a part of your life but many were known only to certain people who were on the receiving end of your magnificent generosity.  You were, are, undoubtedly one of the most interesting men I have ever had the utter joy of knowing and sharing my family with.  Your incredible knowledge, kindness, and spirit were only matched by your love for your beautiful wife and sons.  (That burying a son thing is so very hard and no doubt was the beginning of the end for you) Your voice, your wonderful song will be missed by many, and your laughter...well, I can still hear it playing in the wind.  When I told C today that L thought you were the best 'hugger' ever, he agreed, and thought maybe that should be your legacy.  You loved to hug, to sing, to laugh...you loved and I was so blessed to have had that love in my life.  Rest well my dear one, you are safe now.


12 comments:

  1. I do not know whom you are speaking of, but if I were his family, this tribute to him would speak volumes to me of his impact on others, and of his character( honorable & memorable ~ a man to be remembered )I am sorry for those who love him to have lost him.This world needs such men, desperately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tear flowing post is beautiful. Whoever the man is that you lost, you have honored him with your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you are suffering the loss of someone you loved so dearly. God bless YOU because it seems he has gone home to a place beyond Earthly pain- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would that we could all be remembered this way and this well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tribute to someone who obviously holds a place in your heart. So very sorry for the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sounds like a wonderful person that has left his mark on this world and improved all who knew him. I'm sorry you had to say a temporary goodbye and I hope you have some peace and comfort knowing he's in a good place. If I never accomplished a single "great" thing in my life I would love to remembered as a generous person and a good "hugger".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jojo, what a lovely tribute to your hubby's uncle. He was a great human being by the sounds of things. I know the memories will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am covered in chills. May he rest well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible, deeply moving post. Blessings friend.

    Love, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. The soul now sits at the feet of Jesus, peace will last forever in the beauty of the Lord, Jojo.

    Magnificent heartfelt memorial.

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs & lots of love to you,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tribute to someone obviously loved so well.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...