"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Monday snap...

we were walking through the park when little M noticed the Cub Scout troop working hard digging a ditch...well she went right over there to see what she could do to help!


(photo by mama Lauren)


...I know I haven't posted much lately, not for lack of interesting, exciting, fantastic happenings in my life *cough-cough* but for reasons that I just don't want to burden you all with.

I have been on a very rocky path lately, and believe me when you are blind in one eye and missing a leg that path becomes all the more precarious.  If not for reminding myself every single day of this beautiful child and the joy she brings into my life, and the beautiful baby that I will meet next year, the path would be all that more unbearable. 

Hang in there with me, choose to look for the one thing that will get you through to the next day.  Remember...we have this one life.  Live it~love it~you enough.   take care friends.

10 comments:

  1. *hugs* God bless, Joanne.
    I try to live by those words. I have a lot to be thankful for. I try to remember that every time I pray.
    Hope you have a better week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- I am so sorry,Joanne, that you have hit such a hard patch in life. I have been through a couple of them myself-when I didn't know where to turn. If it will help-I am only an email away-and being a pastor's wife-sometimes I am a good sounding board. Love to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am stopping at this moment to offer a special prayer for you. You will come through this time and better times are ahead. Be strong, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know all of this. You are a very brave lady. Sometimes we really don't understand what others are going through in their lives or what "crosses" they bare. You, my friend, are one tough lady. I was reminded of a Mary Oliver quote that says, “Tell me, what is it you plan to do
    with your one wild and precious life?”
    You have chosen to life within the boundaries of your life. It's not an easy thing to do, Seeing your struggle, your strength... and the "one foot in front of the other" attitude, is a lesson to us all.
    Here's a link to some great thoughts of Mary Olivers.
    http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/23988.Mary_Oliver Enjoy!
    Blessings and peace to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet photo. Lifting you up in prayer Joanne.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are one very strong woman! I love the picture of that beautiful child with the cub scouts. I am sending hugs and prayers your way! I do think of you often and if my brother ever talks to me again and I get to go and see him, I plan to meet up with you!


    heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are incredibly inspirational to all of them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you Jojo hope you are not ill. Glad you are enjoying your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes just hanging on for one more day is all we can do when life becomes a struggle. Sometimes that's enough.

    Love that photo! It makes me want to muck about in some mud myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jojo...I've not been blogging and haven't visited a lot, but you are in my thoughts ♥

    You are a very strong and brave woman and I'm sending you a big hug to get through the tougher times ((hugs))

    Hopefully, things will be better soon, hon :)

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...