"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

clearly, I need to get out the instruction manual...

today,
at dusk(ish)
I took myself and my camera
set on "M"
for a walk in the backyard.


I have exactly three plants blooming this year,


this yellow dahlia is one of them! 


I had a little confusion with the  adjustment settings and think they came our rather dark.


but, I'm a 'shadowy' kind of picture-taker so that didn't bother me too much. 


And the true colour is much, much more yellow.
time to look for the manual and then time to actually read it.  It is two different things you know!

Learning to be content even in manual.

11 comments:

  1. I bought a new camera this past spring and still don't know how to really use it. We all want to take beautiful photos and know it's possible somehow. Getting there is the issue. Good luck with that manual setting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are fabulous! I'm getting a new camera soon and can't wait! Oh yes the pesky manual! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think your photos are gorgeous- when you get YOUR camera figured out will you work on my own? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you. I'm not a manual kind of gal myself. Drives Steve crazy as I plow thru life while he is thoughtful and purposeful with everything he does. I toss assembly instructions, manuals are boring, and don't even get me started about how many times I get lost not paying attention to road signs aka directions:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm struggling with my camera too...I hate it when the pics come out blurry. You seem to be doing fine with yours. Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand what you are saying. It is ALL trial and error Jojo. I have found that I like what I get when I set the shutter speed at 4000 and depending on the light I set the aperture according......be it 4 in shady areas or 24 in brighter areas.
    Practice practice practice......just think if you were doing this back in 'film' days!!! Have fun and I love the dahlia shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that first photo of the people shadows.
    I am NOT a good picture taker by any stretch of the imagination...I point and shoot, and then realize, oh dang, I should have used this other setting.
    I mean, there are like 10 different settings on my camera besides Easy and Auto.
    Every now and then I get lucky and get a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shadows ... I am NOT a big camera fussy kind of gal, too much to fool with. You are doing better than I ...

    Have a great weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Dahlia's and photos! Lovely blog you have.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...