"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, July 27, 2012

what I did on my summer vacation...

...our lovely and beautiful in every way niece has been staying with us for a few days and I can't tell you how wonderfully sweet it is to have a little, tween, girl in the house again!  We've been hanging out watching movies and House Hunters, texting each other after bedtime, going for long walks, talking about boys and impending middle school and eating stuff we shouldn't.  It's been like a slumber party here.

Yesterday, to top off her last day visiting, we went to the do-it-yourself dog wash.  Have you ever done this with your dog?  It was a blast....see;




 in the tub,
 soaping up, rinse and conditioner,
 time to go to the blow dryer,
 careful of those dumbo ears,
 shake it off,
ready for my close-up.

It took about an hour all in all, with the drying taking the longest.  He was still fairly damp when we left but it was a warm, sunny day and he got in the car and laid in the sunshine.  When we got home he spent a good half hour running around the backyard and rubbing his neck and ears dry.   Now he's just a big 'ol puff ball.

The prices were reasonable, $18.00 and that included everything...even the 340 towels we used!  Not quite, but it is a very damp experience...we did have aprons and the floors are non-slip but nothing can help the 'shake it off' syndrome.  LOTS of hair in the tub, floor, drying station but they take care of cleaning everything up.    How many of us would love to have hair that wavy and silky eh?

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought that if I had a long haired dog I would definitely take advantage of a do-it-yourself dog wash. Especially knowing the clean-up here at home after a doggy bath.Your dog is beautiful.( I like your header)

    Your summer does sound sweet. My oldest granddaughter has been staying with us, we are having a blast too. Little time for blogging on such nice days, there's fun to be had! ( and weeding)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I love the idea....hmmmm...wonder if that would work for this mop of hair of mine? I am so glad you had fun with your t'ween visitor. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time, our dog always jumps out of the car and rolls in the grass after a trip to the groomer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds so great! your like me I love those tweens twenties and actually I just love girls!!
    Did you get a dog? I'm kinda outta the loop here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun time you had with her The price of the was is worth it just to not have to clean up after the bath. Sounds like a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun, fun fun! Sounds like you have really enjoyed each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your new header... what a sweetie!

    Now, dog washing? Fun? Hmmmm... I'm gonna let the hubbs take care of that. Just not my favorite thing to do. She's eight, but still like a puppy... and NO fun in the bath department.. Yours looks cute as can be.

    Have a great weekend.

    Huggies,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of a do-it-yourself doggy wash...great idea! I would pay that to not have to stoop in the tub or take the outside route with a hose and soap. Plus they take care of clean up...priceless! Sounds like a fun time with your tween. I'm not sure how I would be with a girl for a week..I raised 4 boys! But my Granddaughters would probably think of enough things to keep it hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have one of those a few miles from us but I've never used it. I am the dog washer and we do the dance in the driveway. During the winter our girl gets baby wipe baths to keep her smelling good and clean. I'm going to have to try our dog wash this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've never tried these 'spas'....makes a lot of sense when you just think of the clean up!
    Looks like your dog kinda liked the experience!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...