"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tuesday tid-bits....

...barely squeaking them in on a late Tuesday evening.


I feel like I should post more often, at least three times a week, but lately I have had trouble being interesting.  Not sure I ever was but somehow I seem to have lost my muse, again.

I don't like posting without a picture but nothing seems to come to mind since my mind is rather empty as of late...see above.

I am loving our summer sunshine, warm days, cool nights, rain in the overnight...perfect.

So why do I feel so restless?

I would show you my veggie/flower gardens but for the most part they are still in the seed packets.
and most everything that got planted perished.  It's ugly I tell ya.

No where to go, nothing to do, sunshine and lollipops, happy kids, happier grandgirl, shrimp on the barbie, ice cream we all scream, summer breeze, iced coffee, classic movies in the dark, sleeping late, water spaniels, picnic in the grass, bare feet, floppy hats, baseball, summer in the city, is there anything better...life is good...pass it around.

17 comments:

  1. I love the laid-back summer life too, Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds pretty darn good to me! Those seeds will probably be okay next spring;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there...everyone I talk to is having blogging block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not alone in your lack of blogging lately. I have noticed many are not posting much these days. Maybe because of the effects of the weather all over the world... on the west coast we haven't been able to get out and do much (maybe now that the sun is shining we will be able to finally enjoy summer). On the East coast it must be just to hot to sit and blog.

    I am sure we will all get back to it soon. Enjoy the nice nice weather we are having right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne, Your comment about the garden still being in the packets made me laugh:):) I have days where it seems I need a fire lit under me arse. :):) I think we all have those days. Just go through your picture files, you'll find something. I post flower photos when I just really want to talk(write). Smiles to you, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all go through our ups and downs when blogging. Your life does sound pretty good, especially with that grandgirl of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you might feel like you have "no muse" left but that last paragraph proves you wrong. Your summer sounds wonderful and full of lovely moments to me- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you are getting good weather. We have finally cooled down a bit. Today was only about 87 degrees or so. Better than the 100s we had last week!

    I am sure your seeds for your garden will last until next week.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer! Nothing better! Enjoy Jojo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, if you could plant your happy outlook on Summer it would be a flourishing garden of beauty! It seems like you have put things in good perspective and focused on the important..family, relaxing, fun, and blogging! You are not boring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Put your seeds in the freezer until next year ... enjoy your beautiful gr-kid-ling, the fabulous weather, life & beauty surrounding you ... & the blessings of God. You are blessed, Jojo.

    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think all of us are feeling a little "restless bug" right now.
    Bloggin has kind of taken a bit of a back seat. Too much to do, and too much to enjoy........and that is OK !!!
    ha ha...MY GARDEN seeds never made it out of the packet either. NEXT YEAR !!!????

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet little granddaughter you have! Nice pic.
    Summer is awesome, except we are having a heat wave. Way too hot and dry for me.
    Laughed at your garden still in the packets! Oh well, there's always next year.
    Sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy your summer, my friend. We don't always have to be busy. Just enjoy the finer things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at that lovely princess!
    I feel that same restlessness---or whatever you want to call it. I feel uptight, I think, and a bit down...and it's a time when I shouldn't be this way. Two grandson's baptized in the same month....good family....precious little granddaughter! Paying the bills..barely, but no complaints. Just...nervous! I think.

    Hormones? At 62? Probably!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You don't need photographs with imagery like that! I adore that header of your grandgirl and the pup!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Summer summer summer...makes it hard to blog for some reason. You do way better than I have been doing!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...