"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, June 28, 2012

she who is my mother in-law...

...I could make a list
and it would be quite long
regarding
she who is my mother in-law
but
recently she did a very
thoughtful,
caring
thing for me
and I want her to know
just how much
it
means to me.



When our sweet
Graciella
ran over the rainbow bridge
my MIL
remembered
seeing this sculpture at a
garden shoppe in
Olympia.


they made a special
trip
out there to bring it
back for me.
about an hour.



this sweet doggie
is holding a treat
has angel wings
and wearing a choker...
all ready to go for
a nice long
walk.
And look at the heart,
beautiful.



I haven't yet
decided
where I want to put it.
It
would be weatherproof
but
I wouldn't want to have it stolen.
I'm thinking maybe
we'll
bolt it down on the front porch.
Thank you,
Russ and Connie


Peonies
from her yard too!

(don't know why my post is centered and wonky but hey, it's a post!)

14 comments:

  1. Ohhh, how sweet! Jojo, this is the best ever sweetest gesture of love for you. I love the sculpture ... I would want it in view of a window I can see out of all the time to enjoy. I just love it. And your mil's peonies are gorgeous, mine are all gone now.

    Hope all is going well for you, my friend.

    We are getting ready for a nauseating heat wave ... last about a week & our A/C isn't working as of lat night. Ugh!

    Have a wonderful 4th holiday ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet gesture. It's always so difficult to have to say goodbye to a pet. When our cocker spaniel (who had spanned our children's entire childhood living 15 yrs) died, we had him cremated and got his ashes and we were going to bury them in the yard - then hubby said - he hated to be in the yard when we were home, let's keep him inside. So he's tucked in a false book on the shelf. Maybe your sculpture can sit some place that was special to Graciella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift! That is a nice sculpture.


    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely and thoughtful gesture....

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice is that! Something you can always have to remember Graciella.
    Peonies, my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, what a wonderful gesture. *hugs* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really a cool sculpture and what a thoughtful MIL you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful! I love the sculpture, love the peonies, and love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dogs leave such a hole when they travel on without us. Your MIL gets it. Lucky you!
    ~pogonip

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a thoughtful MIL! I love the sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That truly is a wonderful gift. Happy birthday and your right it's a post! A great post. Hey lately gettin any kind of post done is a terrific accomplishment for me. That's where my standards have gone. Yours is awesome the peony pic is yummmm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is wonderful when someone does something so special for you. The sculpture will not only be a reminder of Graciella but you will think of the love of your MIL when you see it. The things we do for others can be a blessing to them and to those who do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't that just the sweetest! What a wonderful MIL you have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a thoughtful lovely MIL and gift. I love that she did this for you. It brought tears to my eyes knowing that it had to have brought them to yours.
    She is a blessing to have in your life. Thank her for me.
    I would have given anything to have had a MIL like her.
    Love ya and have a beautiful weekend
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...