"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, June 7, 2012

pondering...

"When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."


catch a falling star and put it in your pocket,
save it for a rainy day.
rainy day??  We got 'em here, *sigh*
enjoy your weekend and remember
to be kind, be well, just be...

7 comments:

  1. Joanne, the saying is so true. Only the things we love and are passionate about can cause us distress, sorrow, and joy. So I guess our sorrows are blessings even though it is hard to accept that.

    As for rainy days, just watched our local weather man and wow, it isn't going to get much dryer or warmer for at least another week.Summer Pacific Northwest style.Looks like I need to keep the sweaters and coats on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote/saying is so true when you think about it. Can't have one without the other.

    It is POURING here as we speak! Nothing compared to what you get in the Northwest!! When we lived in Vancouver, B.C., it was the rainy winters that drove us out! Now I am not suggesting anything here Jojo!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pondering my dear friend.
    I do wish we lived closer so I could give you a hug now and then.
    From what I gather you still are not having a lot of sunshine there. If only I could share with you. It was 99 here the other day and the sun felt like it was mid August. I think I could be in trouble this summer. lol
    Hope your having a beautiful Sunday.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lucy Maud Montgomery and I think I have read everything she ever wrote that has been published! She is my absolute favorite author!!!!!!

    It is hot and sunny here today. 91 or so degrees already.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great post! :-)

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...