"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Saturday night fever...





...I've been rather amiss this month of April.  Only one blog post, did you miss me?   I've got some catching up to do.  April is always a strange month for me, always a lot of things to take care of, deal with, get over, clean up, and fight my way back to being me.

Spring is playing hide and seek with us again this year.  Sunny one day...get your hopes up, and then rainy the next six days...crash!  I honestly have leaves from last Fall waiting to be raked and now it's past time to get the gardens ready, and the peas...I forgot to plant the peas!

It's 'snowing' cherry blossom petals all over the backyard, beautiful and rather ethereal in the misty morning light.

Maude keeps looking behind her and calling for 'dog-dog.'  I just keep looking for her.

We went to a Passover celebration last week and it was one of the most beautiful religious celebrations I've ever been to.  I feel so honoured and blessed to have been included.  AND I want more Matzoh.

Should we get another 'dog-dog?'

My daughter volunteers at a non-profit, no-kill animal rescue so I have set aside all the food, treats, leashes and such for her to take with...I guess that answers the previous question.

I did a little thrifting when we were in Hood River and as soon as I finish the laundry I will show it off.  I've been looking for a vintage linen tablecloth, round...no luck at all.  Where have they all gone?  Have you found any thrifty treasures lately?

What the heck is 'text enhancer?'   Where did it come from and am I the only one seeing it on other/my blog....how do I turn it off?

Have a lovely Sunday.

10 comments:

  1. What is a text enhancer? If you answer that, please share the answer. We've had that strange weather, changing from hot to cold but the flowers are blooming so I'm happy! What a great picture...a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea about the text enhancer :(

    Been so busy getting rid of stuff, I haven't been shopping for anything LOL. I hope Spring stays around until you can get your chores done...I'm sure staying busy will help ((hugs)) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather is bi-polar too...last week we had snow flakes falling and today it's 78de! I collect vintage tablecloths and I've never found a round one...only squares and a few rectangle. I'll have to keep looking for one! The dog question will probably be really answered when one day you just decide to do it. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! i have missed you! I am so glad you had a good time at Passover! Spring is hiding here too. Today is the regular April Showers! (need them for the May flowers) I do hope you are having a good April so far this month!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. After doing some searching, I found this link: http://support.text-enhance.com/entries/20352211-disabling-text-enhance-links
    You need to bookmark this page, because any time you delete your cookies, you'll have to follow the instructions on this page again.

    Apparently this text-enhance thing has something to do with an ad service that Google thought we'd like. ;o)

    *hugs*
    Have a blessed week, Joanne. ♥ :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As far as getting a new dog-dog, well I would have to, as my life is very needy to the love a dog gives me. They enhance my life so much. They give love, no one else can, but it's your decision, as everyone has different reasons for having pets. I just can't imagine my life without one.
    Maude is getting so big! She is so adorable Jojo. I know she loves coming to her grandparents to visit.
    I don't know about the text enhancer thing.
    And YES, I have missed you!!!! ILY!

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I've missed you and yes, when you're ready, go to that no kill shelter of your daughter's and lose your heart to another one. Remember all the unconditional love Grace gave you and she would expect you to share her wonderful life with you with another one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What Ness said.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thrifting? You said thrifting?!
    Look at Maude! So cute! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been posting either! Must be a sign of the times, but I missed it and missed you too.....

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...