"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, January 2, 2012

snug as a bug...

...I had a rather lazy New Year's eve here, made it 'till midnight then watched a movie and went to bed around the normal for me time.  Yesterday was also another lazy day, I had gotten up late and didn't even get dressed for the day.  Just lounging around in my jammies, snacking on leftovers, and mindlessly watching what ever was on the tele.

Again, I went to bed at the normal for me  time.  All warm and snuggly was I as I heard the hubs talking to the dog, getting ready for work, kissing me good-bye.  lalalalalalala I was in dreamland.  I awoke a few times but each and every time it was still dark out and I refuse to look at the clock if it's still dark out for it can only mean that it's just too early for me.  Snug as a bug in the rug I slept, all warm and dreamy.

Did I hear the hubs talking to the dog?  Must be a dream...he's gone to work and it's still dark out...I will.not.look.at.the.clock.  Besides, I have my alarm set for 9:00 and it hasn't gone off yet...what a restless night.  Dreamy, sleep, groggy I heard the voice again.  This time it seemed closer.  I opened up one eye squinting in the darkness only to see the shadow of my hubby hovering over the bed.  I was started as my first thought was that he has come home from work early due to illness.  Darn, not a great start to the new year.  I asked him in my sleepy groggyness if he was alright?  And he answered with the same question..."are you alright?"   Of course I am, it's still night, I'm all snug and sleeping quite well...what is the problem?

Problem is/was it is 4:00 pm.  I have slept through the entire night and the entire day and would have probably gone into the next day if he hadn't checked on me.  Oh my gawd!  I didn't know that was possible and  yes, blood sugar was perfectly normal.  My only defense....it was still dark out!

Happy New Year all...hope to be back soon.  *yawn*

14 comments:

  1. I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you :) I slept for most of two days over the new year, but I had a fever and the stomach flu. I know how you feel. Our gray days make me want to sleep and hibernate in the house. I confess, I have just jammies days also and I make no excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have needed some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done that so many times!! We have had a very dreary winter, loads of rain. If I am not going anywhere, I rarely get out of my jammies. Of course my jammies are sleep pants and a tshirt. I have like 7 sets of them. I love them!! I sometimes don't even go to bed until 4 in the morning. I am in a very bad pattern right now. David and I both are. You may have been tired, or the dark was just enough to keep you in slumber land. Our dogs would never had let us do that. I am always up at 10am, to let them out, and then hop right back in the bed, as we have a doggy dog, and they can go in and out after I open it...LOL. I bet you did scare hubby. I am sure he was thinking your BS was out of wack.
    ILY sister..

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sistah-Friend! Glad you're OK. I can't imagine this maybe 4 hours a night woman sleeping that long. And that 4 hours is with CPAP and Ambien! I guess I'm afraid I'll miss something! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds wonderful to me... I wish i could sleep more than the 5 to 6 that i sometimes get... I love col weather and dark with rain on the tin roof ... perfect to snuggle in and hibernate :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow....then you MUST have needed the sleep. I'd say that's a pretty good way to start the new year......refreshed. (tee,hee)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, your body was telling you NEEDED that! And good for you!!! I'm having one of those "jammie" days today and LOVE it! Today is MY day because tomorrow won't be, and I need to get myself psyched to get back into a routine for tomorrow, as we go back to work then and I am not totally agreeable to that, so am going to wear my jammies with pride and watch a few movies! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you all, too, Jojo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will be interesting if you get to sleep tonight! All that sleep and you probably needed it! Hey, you could have called me as I was wide awake at probably 4 A.M. and couldn't get back to dreamland if my life depended on it!!
    Happy New Year Jojo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my!!! Wow, you must have really needed to sleep! I was in my jammies all day on New Year's Day too. that would be because I didn't have any clean clothes so I had to do some laundry!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. I once was sick with pneumonia and slept for 48 hours straight. Woke up without a clue as to what day it was. So just in case, it is now Tuesday, Jan 3, 2012! Your gonna have to rename your blog Rip Van Winkle's place! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! No matter how late I stay up I always wake up no later than 9:30. Your body must have really needed the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean--I've done that same thing. I've gotten so worn down with Christmas and New Year's stuff--I've slept and slept..but I guess we must need it for the "old" bodies of ours! And I got a 4 hour nap today, too! oh well--I think it helped..Maybe! ;) I have sleep pants and shirts, like Debbie--that I am so in love with, I don't know what I'll do when they wear out. If I don't go out--I don't get out of them all day, either.
    Happy New Year, jojo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everyone needs a hibernation day now and then. Enjoy taking care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...