"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, November 18, 2011

If it's Friday it must be Maude(day)...




...this is our sweet punky Maude at 9 months.
as you can see
she rarely slows down enough to take her picture.
no naps for this girl.
no sleeping through the night for this girl.
she just might miss something important
if she were to close those
big hazel eyes for just
one
moment.

Poppa and I (nie, as loud as you can scream it)
are so fortunate
to be able to spend a few hours
alone
with Maude on Fridays.
Her mama doesn't have help on that day
and even though she works
from home
the little one can keep her too busy.
so
lucky us!
It is such a special time
and one that I cherish more than words can describe.

So long ago,
when I was diagnosed with
type 1 diabetes
I was told by the doctors that
I would not live to see
30.
I prayed every day
(and still do)
that I would be
Blessed
beyond my understanding
and able to share in the lives of
my
grandbabies.
I am so thankful.Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. God has definitely blessed you, Jojo. ♥ :-)

    I knew someone in the Air Force who couldn't function if he slept more than 3 hours a night.

    I wish I had your granddaughter's energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed beyond words. Maude is beautiful and I'm so glad you and Poppa have your Fridays full of so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's Proberbs that says, "The blessing of the Lord maketh rich...", and this certainly applies to you. I'm sure those who love you are equally thankful for the extension of life that you've been given. Little Maude is adorable--and I love her name! It was my grandmother's name and I've not met anyone else with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little angel! So glad you get to spend time with her--nothing is more precious than grandma time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah honey what a true blessing precious Maude is and I know how happy you are for those wonderful Friday's with her. I would give anything if my DL would let me keep mine. But not to be for me.
    Thank goodness you don't have to deal with this in your life.
    I love you sweet friend and appreciate all your lovely comments and prayers for both myself and Christi. What would I do without your friendship?
    I don't want to even think of that. lol
    Enjoy your wonderful day and I will be thinking of you
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. As much as you enjoy this time, I bet she enjoys it more. I still cherish the time I spent in childhood with my grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly are blessed Jojo! And what a cutie Maude is turning into.....ooopps, of course, she always was!! lol
    Not having children I never really learned the proper etiquette in these matters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, how adorable!! She has the cutest eyes.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beauty!! She is so cute!!!!! Maude does look like she is an on the go baby! What a precious blessing!


    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. she is just adorable - you certainly are blessed

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have just given us your reason for living even when live is stacked against you.
    I'm so proud of you and that baby is so beautiful. What a gift for all your efforts in life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like Debora, my grandmother's name was Maude too. It's a sweet name.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...