"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, September 19, 2011

we're on the eve of destruction...

...I have had that song running through my head all day.  Perhaps it is the political climate that has me feeling so on edge...perhaps.  I'm not a millionaire so what have I got to worry about?

It has been most frustrating of days today.  I am just so tired of sitting...two weeks in and four to go and I'm about to lose it.  I wanted to try and work on some of those projects that I so carelessly flaunted a few weeks ago but being unable to weight bear has left me in quite the quandary when it comes to getting into the craft room and outside to paint.  I'm not giving up on it though, I will find a way, I always do...just not in the time frame that I had hoped.

My daughter came down this way last Saturday (about two hours away) and we were able to meet at a local restaurant at the marina for lunch.  It was so wonderful to see her, I wish she could know how it fills my heart so.  Anyway, there was also a Farmers Market at the marina that day and she brought me the most beautiful flower bouquet.  Since nothing, nothing, in my garden can come close to the beauty of these dahlia's I'm going to share them with you.  (I am a sotc picture-taker so please bear with me!)  Enjoy and have a great Tuesday.


p.s.  to add to my anxiety and frustration I am unable to access the photos I uploaded today.  This is on the computer that just came home from the geeks...gah!  Sorry peeps.

15 comments:

  1. Sorry your so frustrated honey. I know it is so hard on you but you can do this and I will be praying for you.
    Glad you were able to meet your daughter last Sat. I know the flower bouquet is beautiful.
    I am keeping you in my prayers
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the dahlias are beautiful...and lunch at the marina sounds wonderful! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya loud and clear sweetie. I worked for hours tryin' to upload my summer pictures into Picasa thinkin' there was somethin' wrong with me or my computer. Outta pure frustration I went on Picasa's forum and found heaps of others havein' the same stickin' problem...it went on for two weeks before I could upload.

    Your dahlias are simply gorgeous sweetie.

    God bless and have a beautiful day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's SO frustrating to have to be still- I know I can't stand it when it happens to me.
    Of course then I push it and try to do too much too soon.
    Don't do it. Doesn't work *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been having problems with pictures, too. A lot of people recommend Photobucket. I've just been using Webshots because I share pictures with family there already.

    Sorry to hear you've been so frustrated, Jojo. I know how you feel. *Hugs* and God bless. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, JoJo. I'm just catching up on my blogging. I'm sorry to hear your are suffering from Murphy's Law...! You've had a rough time of it lately. I'm glad you spent time with your daughter. Take care of yourself, and get better soon.

    Cheers!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I lived closer I'd take you to lunch. Bless your heart, I can't imagine how hard it is for you to be down. Big, big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope this week is better for you! How awesome to go and meet up with your lovely daughter! Mothers and daughters just belong together don't they?? I am so glad you had a good time! I do hope you get to some of the crafting you would like to do!


    heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you remember my story about the dahlias? They are certainly a sign to me of God's provision. Take it as your sign of provision through this time too! No destruction here, you are under reconstruction!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there, my friend. I can really relate! When I had my shoulder surgery, I went through a very awful depression, and it lasted a very LONG time. What was really difficult is I wanted my really good friend to "know" I was really down and she really wasn't there for me, which made it much much worse. It has taken me a long time to get over it. I hope yours is short lived. I'm here for you if you need to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's got to be frustrating...when we want to sit, there's no time. When we HAVE to...well, you know.

    So glad you had a good time with your daughter. They don't realize how VERY special their time is to us.

    Sending you "hurry up & get well" hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for helping me celebrate my birthday today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. AW.....CHIN UP!

    Thinking of you...

    ciao bella

    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tell your daughter how much it means to you when you get to see her if you haven't already, love. Sometimes they need to hear the things that we think they already understand.

    Much love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...