"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, September 3, 2011

It was bound to happen...

...sooner or later, I was hoping for later but *sigh*

I had my first grandma/mother-in-law moment today.  I just couldn't help myself!  I saw something that concerned me and before I knew it, it was out of my mouth!  No harm done but there was a moment when I turned around to see if my mother was there!  It sure sounded like her.

Oh well...

14 comments:

  1. Oh well...LOL

    I haven't had the pleasure yet, but I know I've completely turned into my Mom! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta learn to keep that mouth shut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how we hear our mothers in ourselves as we get older.
    I try to be very careful with my daughter in law. She's a wonderful person and she is very fond of me.
    I don't ever want to say something that would hurt her.
    I had a great example with my mother and my mother in law.
    Don't be too hard on yourself.
    Love and grits...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It happens. We all do it, but just try not to let it happen much...LOL..Love ya!!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. its not your fault! LOLOL hope it all ended up ok..

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you shouldn't! Help yourself, that is. We are a conglomerate of everyone that came before us....like it or not. It is up to us how we want to knit all those 'characters' into a soft and gentle person. Sometimes we just can't help what comes out.....beyond our control, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you know that it's usually Grandmas that spot educational problems like dyslexia, etc in their grandkids? It's true! We have some valuable wisdom to offer...it's just knowing how to offer it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes, JoJo, we've all done that. Don't feel bad.

    I haven't had time to visit my favourite blogs lately. I hope all is well with you, JoJo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh--I know how it is--I know you try to be very careful, like I do!! Sometimes, I think I should say something--but--I try to, TRY TO, TRY TO keep my mouth shut!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...