"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

ketchup...

...I can't believe it's been so long since I posted, so not like me but then again, summer came to town and I have been taking full advantage of her wonders.

For all my east coasters: I hope you are all right.  Nothing like a little shake, rattle, and roll to spice things up.  We haven't had a tembler in quite awhile (fingers crossed, sign of the cross) but my memories of the last one are still quite fresh in my mind.  Stay safe y'all.

I haven't been out junkin' in over a month which is something I hope to rectify tomorrow as we head over to the island for the day. I don't think I've shared my last treasure with you and since I had some other treasures out for a photo shoot I thought I would add this one.











I picked up this cute little silver-plate coffee set a few weeks ago for $3.99.  I just love the scrolly details although I don't know anything about them.  There are no markings on the set and it is in excellent condition.  I'm going to see what I can find about it before I decide if it goes in the shop or not. and yes you can see the photographer in the reflection.

Have a great Wednesday peeps.

16 comments:

  1. These photos are set up really well. I love the old silver and pearls. You should do more of this. The background, the close-ups and the dried flowers are very nice.
    Please do more of this. You're very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find the best treasures ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Connie...you have the magic touch!!

    Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your new find! When I see all of your "treasures", it makes me wish I could find similar things! Glad you post pictures, so I can live vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find the neatest stuff! I need to come junkin' with you. Sorry I interrupted your August birthday party. Michael is in Richmond and when I heard about the earthquake I nearly freaked because I couldn't get him by phone. He finally got me by FB. Now this weekend the latest hurricane is heading his way. Have lived there for those and the wind and rain is horrific. We will be leaving to go out there a week from today until the day after Labor Day. I will have big news when I come back. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures and gorgeous pieces. :)

    My hubby seems to think California is next since Colorado had earthquakes and now the East Coast, which is a little more unusual.

    You all stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always a treat to come visit in here;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, jojo. How beautiful!

    Your blog header, your photos, your taste in antiques, your words and your attitude.

    BEAUTIFUL.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. I have always thought these old pieces look so pretty made into lamps and I like to use them as vases too. ~ Miles of Smiles to you today

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful!! I love Junkin, but as I get older and look around.... I have way to much junk.... I mean treasures. I need to downsize fast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems you have been very busy too this summer!! My the days just flew by so fast and now school has started here already!

    I have a pretty little pitcher like the one you found- it is so pretty with a bouquet of flowers in it!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your silver service set, that's quite a find! Your pictures are fantastic and I've wanted to mention your heading is simply beautiful! Our weather has been wonderful, I'm thinking we'll be hit with the hottest all summer, now that I'm going back to work...
    I know you've probably already gone to the island, and enjoyed your ferry rides (love em')! Have you noticed since the economy has taken a dive, that our thrift stores are picked over more than ever? Of course right now, ours are busier than most malls with school clothes shoppers, which I think is great! Happy treasure hunting! xo Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely little set there--good buy!

    We left the coast and came up into the mountains with our son and his family but we're going back tomorrow afternoon. I pray we'll have I'm not sure it still works. We'll just have to see--I don't think it' will affect us.as far as we know--no damage to the hose. Some people had large, old trees down, and some flooding--the highest water will be up Tuesday evening in our county, but we've been fortunate from what I heard.

    ReplyDelete
  14. $3.99! I've got to follow you next time!
    Jojo, you have such 'a way' about setting up shots and I love how you notice the details!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...