"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, August 1, 2011

Things I've learned...part 4..

...when my children were younger I used to tell them that every situation was an opportunity to learn something.  A chance to learn something about yourself and also about those around you.  We would take a few moments every day to talk about our experiences and what we learned from them...gah, they must have hated that.  Oy, to this week.

* I learned that an overweight, 57year old, white haired woman, can actually be mistaken for a drug seeking misfit.

*I learned that some people are just plain stupid.

*I learned that if you are feeling rather punky it is not a good idea to park on the top floor of the hospital parking garage.

*I learned that concrete has no 'give.'

*I learned that a broken rib, or two, or three is possibly the worst physical pain I have ever endured.

*breathing hurts.

*I hate stupid people.

*I love my doctor, and especially the medication she prescribed for me.

*I learned that if you grocery shop on a Saturday evening not only will you be the only one in the store but there will be no milk or fresh produce to be found. 

*I learned that I have the best blog buddies and that I should count my blessings every single day.

and I do.  Thank you all for your concern.  I am slowly feeling better and think that I might possibly even get some sleep tonight.   Happy Monday ya'll.

14 comments:

  1. Oh my dear Jojo...have you also learned that there is an inner strength, beauty, and resilience in you that is equal to anything that you are facing? It's so. Your blogger family sees it and we are amazed at your spunk! I will be praying for your ribs to heal quickly and the pain to subside.
    Wish I was closer...I'd bring you some soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned that some people are just plain stupid
    Only some? Just kidding there, but I agree. And I despise them, too.

    I learned that concrete has no 'give.'
    I've learned that several times, too.

    *breathing hurts.
    *Hugs* Jojo. I do hope you will heal quickly. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness - big pity party when there is so much real suffering in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I supposed you learned about the concrete and the ribs the hard way, right? That is generally the way I learn things too, the hard way. Sometimes I wish things would be easier!

    I hope you are feeling better!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweet JoJo, I am so sorry that things have been so difficult for you lately. Hang in there, love. I promise they will get better very soon.

    Please take good care of yourself while you heal. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, as always.

    Love you,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pure insanity. Can your regular physician not get you any relief from that pain??? And there are a lot of stupid people among us. A whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, concrete will always win and there are lots of stupid people out there... even with doctor degrees and higher learning.
    Take care and this will hurt less in a day or so... well, maybe a week or so.
    Keep taking the pain meds...

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH Jojo...I can't leave you alone for a minute can I??????

    I am trying to imagine the pain, but really would rather not not 'cause just the mention of concrete and ribs in the same sentence is excrutiating!

    You get better soon, OK?

    I'd hug you, but you'ld probably slap me, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Heavens!! Some days ya just gotta wonder "is this really a lesson I need to learn"

    Hang in there and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG...no pain meds! Fire that Dr. After a bad fall I had, (in front of students and their parents picking them up)...on my second trip back to the Dr., he asked how I was sleeping (NOT), with (only one) cracked rib (no xrays, so only guessing) he perscribed something for pain, explaining that sleep was the time when my body would be getting the best recouperative repair...I took one for two nights and it was at least a bit easier to 'get' into bed...I hurt everywhere, I don't know how you're doing it...I'm soooo sorry to hear about your fall, I hurt for you, I know that doesn't help your pain...I hope you've called your regular MD, and are getting some pain relief! Throwing kisses (no big hugs), Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you got something for pain. that ER doctor still pisses me off!!

    Take care and get rest Jojo, dont forget to deep breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know how you found my blog, but I am glad you did. Thanks for the sweet comment and I am very happy to return the favor. It's nice to meet you and I do hope you are feeling much better. I take it from what you wrote, that you had a nasty fall. Ouch!
    Off to follow, Char

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Jojo I had no idea. You are right. When I fell and wrecked my shoulder that included several broken ribs. Which is one time that curling up in a fetal position and wanting to die was my way of dealing with it. I made the mistake of trying to tough it out and became very very depressed. take care of the PAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS I wish anonymous was near me where I could give that person a big dose of pain and break a few of their ribs. I am a pretty nice person except when someone who is injured is also insulted. Notice that the insulter is to ashamed to sign their name. Go repent!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...