"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Conspiracy theory...

...three day holiday.
...chop, chop, chop.
...skewer, marinate, chop.
...bake.
...chop, mix, chop.
...slice, dice, mix.
...many people.
...little baby.
...munch, munch, gorge.
...slurp, slobber, mwah.
...eat, drink, be merry.
...boom, pow, crackle-pop.
...sunshine, all three days.
...85degrees.
...wet feet, sticky fingers, bumble bees.
...and one, only one, yep, just one s'more...

have all conspired to make me a little dehydrated and a lot sick.  Too sick to even get in the car and go to the dr.  So, I'm off to take some more anti-nausea meds and I'll see y'all soon.  Hope your holiday was grand!

13 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better soon!The holiday's sure do take a lot out of us, (I should speak for myself)... I'm exhausted after the last few days! I had to chuckle reading the chop, chop, bake, etc., I think we were all doing about the same thing...with family & friends! My Dad left today, so by this evening, we were starting to get back into our normal routine again.
    Take care, Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sorry! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our minds take on more than our bodies ever could. It just seems tso EASY in our minds...

    Take care and get recouperated. Bet you took some cute Maude pics over the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better soon. Nothing wore than that queasy feeling that won't go away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon and have a wonderful weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really sorry you're so sick...what a bummer. Hope all goes away and this weekend you can enjoy things again..but a lot more quiet and not as busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! Hope you are better today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do hope you feel better! Oh my!!! Tomorrow will be a better day!!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh to be able to stop before eating that last s'more! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, My I hope you feel better soon. My thought and prayers are with you. :) E

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just sent you a message about your winning my book at Nancy's blog. Did I already send this to you? If not, send me a message with your address and I'll get this out to you next week. Sorry for the delay.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too never 'listen to my body' when having lots of fun! I'm learning.
    Take care and get some energy back.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Several of us had upset tummies over the holiday weekend...wonder if we just need to keep to our routine? Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...