"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, June 19, 2011

On this day...



...I had a completely different post in mind for today but then realized that it's Fathers Day.  I can't just let that pass by.

For all of you who are Blessed enough to still have your Father in your life, on this earth.  Call him,  tell him you love him and if you have the chance give him a hug and a kiss.  Let him know how special he is, how much he means to you, what a great dad he is/was.  If mine were here I would take every opportunity, every single day, to tell him just how much he means to me, to my siblings, my husband, our children...we all miss you 'dad,' 'daddy,' 'pop.'

To my husband; thank you for being just the best.  Our children are so Blessed to have you as their father but more importantly they have you as a dad, in every way you are the light of their lives.  They know they can count on you any time, that you will always listen and make their days special.  I pretty much hit the jackpot with you!

To my brother,  I know that there is so much going on in your life right now and it doesn't seem that it will ever be better but you are a great dad.  You have a beautiful girl whom we adore.  I know your time with each other is very special and I know you often think of our dad and pass those wonderful memories and qualities along to your girl.  That one has yours and dads sense of humour!

To my son, on your first father's day...I get tears and my heart swells with pride when I see you with your daughter.  When you told me she was here there was a joy in your heart that I have never seen before.  You are gentle, and kind, and loving and that sweet punkin' has you wrapped around her little finger already!  You make us so proud.

To all of you Fathers out there...happy day.  Now go hug your kids!

13 comments:

  1. WHat a very sweet post and you are so right, we should tell our loved ones, every day if we can, that we love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is a lovely tribute to all Fathers! Thanks!! I sure wish I had your gift of the written word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey I dreamed about you last night so I just had to come by this morning and say hello.
    Really wonderful post for the men in your life.
    I so miss my dad too like you I would tell him how much I love him.
    Hope you are doing good.
    Miss and love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful tribute to all the men in your life this Fathers Day. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jojo, just got back from seeing my Dad. He had people dropping in all day.......he loves the attention and he certainly deserves every little bit.
    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, jojo! Makes me miss my daddy even more. I love seeing my son and my husband together, and my son with his kids. I hope they all know (and I think they do!) how fortunate they are to have one another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jojo you are so precious. I love it when your heart spills over. Beautiful heartfelt post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautifully said, and you are so blessed
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post Jojo. I didn't have the great dad experience in my life but he is still alive and I do love him. He lives many miles away in assisted living.

    I sent you a thank you note in your facebook mailbox. I hope you received it. ILY!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jo-jo, for your heartfelt post. I miss my dad too. He was far from perfect; but he loved me with all his heart. And that makes all the difference. Sounds like you have a lot of great dads in your family; how wonderful!

    Debora

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a sweet post to all of the men in your life! Happy Father's Day to all of them!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...