"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, May 13, 2011

Things I've learned, or learnt...



...while blogger was on a bloggy break the last two days I learned a lot of things about myself, more than I am willing to share at the moment but a few I will.


1. FB is a poor substitute for blogging...at least for me.  I need to get things out, get them down, write 'em, scream 'em, what ever it takes.

2. I am a passionate person who can not keep things bottled up.

3. I can not be alone.

4. I missed all of you.

5. I had to bake.

I was completely surprised at just how important blogging has become to me.  I missed all of you, I missed our connection to each other...it is something that I have come to depend on and when you all weren't here I was a mess.

It's so nice to have you all back.  Please don't leave me again...*sigh*...

10 comments:

  1. nods in total agreement... but i did not bake :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi J, I understand, I've had a total feeling of despair when my computer died...I don't blog everyday, but I do try to flit around every evening for awhile just to visit my regular bloggie buds. I may not even say hi, but I'm peeking in, to make sure all is well...I've noticed that even when ppl seem to be busy, they stop to say a quick hello. I may start doing that, just so you and my other regular bloggie friends know I'm there!

    I've been home sick the last two days, and I feel totally robbed that the weather was nice, and I was sitting here in my robe homebound...

    About my header...I've been playing with Paint.net, I certainly don't have it down very well, the pictures are all elongated, but the more I play with it the worse it seemed to get, so I just left it alone for now.

    I always enjoy you visiting my blog and your sweet comments, it means a lot to me that you stop by!
    Hugs, Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about Facebook....it just isn't the same, and I too have returned to the blogging fold:) For some reason I have also started baking!!! I am not sure what that is about!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very inspiring and it motivates me to start my blog again for a year>:Have a blessed one

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally on the same page, JoJo!! When I went to Cabo last spring and couldn't have my phone with me, I felt totally out of touch! I didn't realize how much I was "attached" to the outside world! The same thing happened when someone at school stole my phone from me right from under my nose.

    I am so glad that you are back on line and I have missed you the same! You are a special "online" friend and I feel like we have such a connection! You do not judge....just listen, and sometimes that is VERY important! Thank you for being in my life! Some days your comments to me are what keeps me going! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta admit it left a big empty feeling in a couple days for me. Sure glad it is back up and running. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt the same way. I was shocked at how much I missed it. Plus, I kept wondering what I was missing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a little disconcerting wasn't it Jojo? It made me realize that blogging is an adult version of having a number of 'penpals'.....which I never had as a child but am making up for it now!
    I 'baked' too! Something soothing about makeing something I guess.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...