"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, May 16, 2011

Paper dolls...

...I am sure that most of you are at an age where you remember paper dolls.  I can remember my favorite, Connie Frances, and trying to cut out all the clothes and accessories that went with her.  It was quite a trying time for little hands and scissors and trying to punch them out along the dotted lines was just impossible.  I had many paper doll clothes that were taped together!     As I was browsing tonight I came across this dress...made completely out of paper, for a real live person doll. Incredible...




"For her creative processes class Jolios Paons designed this paper dress from only phone book paper. A whole lot of pleating takes this unique creation from waste to couture.  She did all the cutting, sewing and pasting all by hand.  To see more go here."

I hope she got an A!  Happy Monday y'all...

10 comments:

  1. I used to make paperdolls by cutting models from the Sears and JCPenney catalogs. I can still remember my favorites. There were a couple in evening gowns and one in a jumpsuit that I remember very well.

    That assignment dress is amazing. I'm trying to imagine the patience it took. Yowza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the Lennon Sisters paperdolls,and spent many hours getting their outfits "just right"! Great memories!

    That dress is something else! Perfection to the max! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a work of art!! Was it Better Homes and Gardens or one of those magazines years ago that would have a paper doll page you could cut out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Look at that! Yes, I remember those paper dolls.....my sister had a few and I would help her cut the clothes and fold back the tabs to make them stay on! Girls had 'all the fun'! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved paper dolls when I was a girl, and now my five-year-old granddaughter loves them, too.

    I can tell you that without question, paper dolls have come a looong way! They are so easy now to punch out, and have every imaginable accesory.

    Okay, I confess. I still love paper dolls.

    Oh, and the dress is phenomenal, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Makes an interesting 'plaid' doesn't it???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved paperdolls when I was a little girl. They were so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh JoJo I can not begin to tell you how much I loved paper dolls. It was my favorite thing to do for a very long time. I can remember even having Dinah Shore and her tall good looking husband which at the moment I can not think of his name. I hate that because now I will wonder about it for a while ...lol
    That paper dress is something else.
    Thanks honey for coming by and wishing me a Happy Birthday. My daughter told me tonight I may be paying out a lot to JD but it will be worth it.
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paper doll girl here too :) I also remember cutting a square, putting 2 holes in it for my trolls LOL

    The patience it took for this. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is amazing! I remember loving paper dolls. I got some out for my granddaughter and I don't think she found it as neat as I did! But, she has little dolls and things that she dresses as well...just not the "paper" dolls of our times. Aw, the memories!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...