"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Because of her...


flowers from my duaghter today
for
Mother's Day...


...I am a fiery, Irish, red-headed girl.

...I am passionate and funny.

...I love my morning tea and afternoon coffee.

...I cherish my family and adore my grand-baby.

...I embrace beauty and love.

...I am faithful and have faith.

...I am married to my best friend, my biggest supporter.

...I have manners, respect, and compassion.

...I grew up in a wonderful home that would rival Donna Reed.




just like her...

...I have endured unspeakable loss.

...I have little patience for stupidity.

...I have suffered the sting of depression.

...I have no green thumb, pretty hands, or in-style shoes!

....I am torn.


I had a much different post in mind tonight but the words just wouldn't flow when I sat down to write.  My mother deserves much more than a little list from me.  She deserves to be remembered with respect, with a smile, with love.  I miss her more than words can begin to say, just as I miss the little boy and my dad.  She was the driving force in my life and continues to be so now.  There is nothing that I do that doesn't cause me to wonder what she would think.  Most of the time I think she would be happy and proud. She was a force to be reckoned with and she left behind a daughter who is her biggest fan.  Love and squishes to my mom today and always...j

13 comments:

  1. That was beautiful you have a heart full of love and respect. I am you fan too. Happy Mothers day.
    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my mom, too. She lived her life with the emphasis on the negative. She never realized that she actually had a good life. So, I suppose, she taught me not to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day JoJo Sweetie...
    Oh what a beautiful share today. I love your write. You are so great with your keyboard sweet one. The words flowed elegantly right off the page. I love it.

    Your flowers are so beautiful. How sweet of your daughter. I love it when the kids surprise me with scented beauty. We get to look at it for days, and sometimes it is planted in the garden to enjoy for many, many months and years to come.

    I hope you are doing well sweetie. I think of you so often and smile when I wear pink especially. I love my wrap, but lately we have been in the 100 degree mark, so sadly I am wearing sleeveless and light as air.

    I will be back this evening to read your next write. I just had to pop over and give you a hug and some love sweet friend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list is wonderful and says it all - we are who we are because of our moms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you paid a beautiful tribute to you mother today! She sounds like a wonderful strong woman.Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was lovely! and happy mother's day to you, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that your Mother would love this tribute to her; because it's from the heart. Lovely.
    Happy Mom's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She deserved this list. It's beautiful! The rest is in your heart and hers.
    Happy Mother's Day....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gentle hugs sweet JoJo. What a beautiful post. Thank you for your sweet comment on my post. Happy Mother's Day! The flowers are gorgeous. I hope you are having a wonderful day our mom's would want us to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand! I miss mine so much too. I bet she would love that list.

    I do hope you have a great Mother's Day yourself!!! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you may be just like your Mom! I know you miss her like crazy because I miss mine the same.

    I hope you had a wonderful day, sweetie ♥

    This was a wonderful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Mother's Day! I'm proud to call you Friend (((((JOJO)))))

    ReplyDelete
  13. jojo, I must have read nearly a hundred posts on Mother's Day. This one shines far brighter than the rest.

    I'm quite certain your mother is beaming with pride to see you today. There is no room for any other emotion. How amazing you are.

    I could not even begin to write about my mother this year. Having lost her just a month ago, I guess it's too soon. Like you, I sat down intending to write, but nothing could make it onto the screen in front of me.

    Thank you for this incredible post. What a loving tribute.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...