"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday's true confessions...

...when I started blogging, awhile back, I had no idea where I wanted to go or what kind of blog I wanted to have.  My first experience with blog was through Caringbridge and I knew that, as wonderful as that experience was, I didn't want a health-only blog.  Yeah sure, it's a big part of my life but it's not all there is to me. 

Would I ever be a cooking blog?  I really couldn't see myself going in that direction.  I don't mind cooking in fact, I rather enjoy it but I am a person who does a little of this and a little of that and viola! I never really do the same thing twice and I'm really not one to follow a recipe so needless to say...a baker, I am not.

Could I be a photography blog?  No, and that's about all I can say...I just don't have the eye for it BUT I am learning and reaching for new things so, in that way, I am growing but I'm not quite ready for prime time.

How about a gardening blog?  Have you seen my garden lately?  I'm not sure you could even find it with all the leaves and branches that are still down from last fall, that and the moss that has taken over my yard will be torturous work this spring.  I do have visions of a cutting garden this year and have gone about the buying of bulbs and seeds.  I have even convinced the hubs that I need a new raised garden bed for this fabulous, wondrous garden.   Well, yeah.

Next up...decorating blogs.  Oh my.  It didn't take me long to navigate my way over to the decorating blogs...not the House Beautiful types but the DIY'ers.  I have found some amazingly talented bloggers out there who can turn trash to..well you know, to something you would actually want to try and then hang on a wall!   There it is...easy as pie, I found my passion.  And after two years of stalking these creative ladies I have finally decided to jump in and make some changes to my home.

After all:   I have a craft room albeit a little messy...

and I've got frames and candlesticks just waiting to be painted and distressed...

 ...sadly, I've got pepto colored walls that need to be painted and decorated...


Oh, and I've got bulbs that need to be planted...any takers??


So there you have it...I'm gonna do stuff and you get to come along for the ride.  Good or bad,  fail or not, you all get to hold my feet to the fire and keep me going...otherwise I'm gonna have to bake something!

19 comments:

  1. HA! What is this? A Jerry Seinfeld post? Were we suppose to have a "purpose" going into this blogging thing? Really?.
    I still don't know what my blog is about. A little bit of this and a little bit of that. It's the barnyard/knitting/photography/storytelling/cooking/dogs/family/goats/gourds and staying up too late at night for an old lady Blog.... and I LOVE IT!!
    And while were are doing true confessions.... My guestroom/craft room is messier than your's.
    You crack me up.
    Just keep writing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could add a bit of philosophy with your crafting! Regardless -- I will always read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now listen jojo, even though you "say" you are a novice at this photography thing, in my book you could take prizes. I think your photos are gorgeous! I enjoy your blog because we just never know what we're going to get each time you post and that keeps it interesting! Like you I enjoy the DIY decorators, especially when they find things at yard sales and Goodwill. Thanks for your comment the other day. I promise a photo of me when I am walking "proud and tall"!
    Love,
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes to what everyone else said... love your blog ... love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just use mine like an online diary.
    Still, will be interesting to see what you do. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya me we need a purpose to blog???? Heeehehehe!!!!

    I thoroughly enjoyed your very eclectic post...I kinda think your a gal of many talents!

    God bless and have an amazin' day!

    Giveaway...my place! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Jojo, I can't wait! What I do know is you will love the process of creating a home that is true JOJO!
    big hugs to you...
    and buy the way...I am coveting your Spring-like weather. I don't think I will be seeing my grass until May! BooHoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun, jojo...count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think we need a purpose to our blogs, it is just our thoughts and feelings. I love reading yours and I love you visiting mine. Your comments always make me feel so much better when I have had a rough day! As for the gardening, if you need another garden to do, I have 2 that need major attention! I hope you are having a good day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's my favorite kind of blog...a little of everything...just 'real' life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Confession is good for the soul, especially when it leads to home make-overs. I'm a fan of HGTV, so I'll be interested to see the progress you make in time.

    Thanks for stopping by the blog and leaving your kind words.

    Blessings and peace to you this weekend~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogging is fun. You certainly don't have to have a theme or be really good at anything. I think it's just us sharing ourselves a bit.
    Since I suck at decorating, I will be interested to see what you do. I just might learn something.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the warning, Jojo! For the baking threat, that is! lol

    So looking forward to your 'new' posts! No pressure but you will be watched!

    Your photos is what attracted me initially to your blog! Then of course got to know you a little better....
    Jojo, no matter what you do, you'll have a follower on the Eastern Shore of Nova Scotia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your craft room is so neat--compared to mine-which is mostly a junk room full of craft stuff. I have a thing for crafts and then..I put things off.

    My blog used to be about knitting and stuff, then after 5 years, it was "over-discovered" by a relative's relative, and I didn't feel comfortable about a couple of the "stuffs" I had mentioned. SO I still have one that you've been kind to comment on, and I'm going to checking in on you--but I won't hold your feet to the fire for what you're saying you're gonna do today. 'Cause I wouldn't dare ask anyone to do that for/to me!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mine has no purpose...just a place to blurt out stuff.

    I love your photography and your words and me thinks you don't give yourself enough credit woman!!

    After your hubby builds the raised garden, I need one. I'm looking forward to what exciting things you do both there and crafting. I love HGTV! I will hold your feet to the fire LOL

    I hope you are feeling better, enjoying your angel baby and have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's my problem!!! I never figured out which direction to go.... Kinda like I never figured out what I wanted to be when I grew up. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are so cute! your a real life blogger. My kind of girl. Are you giving away bulbs or planting them? You can do it! You know we should figure out a name for ourselves. farmlady got it right!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow. my blog is like a sandbox, where i go to play...it used to be to tell stories for my boys to one day read...now its a bit more artsy...

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have me cracking up...I've gone so many different directions on my blog. I never really know where I'm going to take it,( and who knows where it'll end up)!...and for that matter, does anyone really care? Not sure, but it's a lot of fun, and easy being a Hann me down!

    Your blog is special, you have a way with words, your very honest, interesting, creative(we see that in your photo's), besides being warm and loving! Big Hugs, Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...