"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, March 11, 2011

They call me mellow yellow...

...looking for mellow yellow. Remember that song?



I never really was a 'yellow' person. It just was not a color that I enjoyed. In fact, when we bought our first house, the kitchen was yellow and I couldn't wait to get it painted. It was the '70's and everything was yellow, green, and orange.



so I've been searching lately, looking high and low, for a new yellow. A less irritating yellow...a mellow yellow.


Did you know that yellow has a mood? All colors do...yellow has two moods unlike the other colors. It can be a happy mood, full of optimism, imagination and hope.





it can also represent cowardice, dishonesty, jealousy, and illness...no wonder it's one of the least favorite colors.


what about you? Is there a color that just grabs you...the wrong way? I think I can live with yellow...mellow yellow...just call me mellow yellow.



here's to finding your "yellow."   Have a nice weekend y'all.

all images via Google

10 comments:

  1. Interesting, I was just thinking yesterday about sending a friend some roses of my favorite color...

    yellow!

    Mellow yellow of course, but even in the bolder stride, still love it. As for colors and moods, I'd have to say I'm feeling a little green today... for what it's worth. I'll let you do the "deciphering" regarding what it means:)

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink. I don't like pink. Can't stand pink.
    ;-)

    Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you... I don't love all yellows. The yellow that I do love is a very clear lemon yellow with no hint or hue of mustard or baby poop. Pinks I can do without for the most part also. I've found that my color likes and dislikes seem to be a moving target most of the time but both the muddier yellows and the pasty pinks seem to lead the way for my dislikes.

    Interesting post, JoJo, thanks!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (removed my last post for a typo- OCD much?) LOL

    I love yellow :)

    Maroon, however, has always annoyed me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Harvest" brown, "Artichoke" green, and yes, that awful gold...all of the seventies. I couldn't agree more.

    I've never decorated with blue, either. It always seems too cold to me somehow.

    Give me greens and taupes, please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Quite rightly!'

    In fact we were just choosing a 'yellow' for the bathroom......the one we chose is called 'Spring Bud' which has a hint of green.
    Must be spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all depends on who or what is wearing the yellow...daffodils do it fine, as do yellow squash, my teeth---no.

    Speaking of teeth...that had been a dozen donuts...but now there are ten?
    An interesting post...I will have to poke around and read more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny, I have a BrIgHt yellow kitchen! I'm ready to give it up now and go for WHITE...but not sure my McGiver is ready for the change, (He happens to be a house painter)! I chose the bright yellow to go with all my vintage chalkware, it's quite cheerful! My only surviving rose bush is yellow too. I'm also loving pink again, more and more, just like when I was a kid! Hugs, Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, yellow has never been a favorite of mine, but now it seems like something special! Lovin' that post! (And, singing that song...)

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...