"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Fling...

 (store bought) daffodils by lamp-light

...it is, yet again, a dark, dreary, windy, rainy day here and my longing for Spring is out of control.

I'm tired of taking photos by lamp-light.  I'm tired of looking at my yard and garden and wondering how will I ever get this mess cleaned up.  I'm tired of looking at all the pretty bedding plants at the nursery knowing what would happen if I brought some of them home with me.  I'm tired of "planning" my gardens and watching my bulbs floating in their beds.  I'm tired, just plain tired.   (and yet there is a part of me that thinks...shut up, I have nothing to complain about with all the misery in the world.  But I realize I cannot do anything but pray for those lost souls and so I do and then I must move forward with my life, hard as it may be to do so.  Sometimes being so tender-hearted is so very difficult, I really struggle with trying to understand.)

I wonder, where is the sun?  Where are the birds?  Where are all the signs that Spring will eventually make an appearance?  Where, why, oh my!  

I'm done with all the whining and waiting.  This week we are going to court Spring like never before.  I have five several give-aways that will make us all think Spring.  Soooo, be sure to check back here often and have some fun with me and let's  get Mother Nature on board.  Who's ready for Spring?

p.s.  I also have a very busy week with doctors and such but tomorrow I get to....babysit my little dumpling!  Yay!  The first time they are going to leave her and I get to rock her all afternoon...I'm so done!  Have a good Monday peeps...

10 comments:

  1. Yes indeedy you rock your sweetie!!! It is hard to be as tender hearted as you are my sweet friend. You really are a love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jojo, have a wonderful afternoon with your sweet baby Maude! I know you will! I got to hold Angelo Friday evening, but he was gassy, which of course made for a fussy baby boy. Lulu wanted to spend the night, so when her Mama picked her up Sat. she stayed an extra long time, so I could hold a cuddly (not gassy) baby boy!!! Heaven!

    I so know what you mean, it's hard to whine about our RAIN, when there are so many heart breaking hardships in our world...prayer is the only answer. Big Hugs, Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are going to have an extra extra special day with Maude! She is precious :)

    I hear ya. I feel just the way you do and I hope all the doctor stuff goes smoothly and all is getting better.

    It's okay to sit on the pity pot and whine occasionally. I declare it "normal". ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy that sweet baby! This font has me all distracted by it's whimsy! I am such a distractible girl;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes...I've been ready for spring since, well honestly since last fall. Can we just skip that winter part? Oh well, be happily distracted by your little baby dumpling and make those docs give you good news this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun babysitting, and thanks for the beautiful daffodil picture, Jojo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How much fun you must be having with Maude! Rock your heart away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh good! Maude will cheer anyone up--'specially you. Then you get to give her back when she cries! (Hopefully she won't try that crying with you!) Ha-it's like payback of the best kind--the grandchildren thing. I have enjoyed mine.
    I know you love her.You'll find spring soon--everyone has the right to whine sometime, Friend.!
    Oh--the font is whimsical and kinda hard for my old eyes to see! but you go with what you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who needs spring when you have a baby to rock! So comforting to do......I remember doing that with my younger siblings and a few nieces and nephews too. Hey Jojo, spring will be there before you even notice.
    Have a great day.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the idea of "courting spring"; courting it in my heart as well.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...