"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm on my second cup of coffee...

...I was awakened uncharacteristically early this morning by a glow coming from outside my bedroom window.  As I have said before our property backs up onto a two-lane road that is quite busy in the mornings.   I hesitated to get up, longing to roll over and return to blissful sleep, but was drawn back to the window with curiosity.  As I approached the window I could detect a warm familiar feeling buried deep in my soul.  As I cautiously opened the shades I realized that warm-glow was sunshine!  Lovely, beautiful, healing, life-giving sunshine.   It was going to be a good day and quite honestly...my coffee agreed...




On another note, this is a picture of a rather non-descript wall in my dining room.  There are three others just like it, with the exception of a window.  Tomorrow I will show you what I did to cheer up this sad wall, without using paint or spending more than $20.  Shop the house, you never know what you will find.  Until  then...



google images...not my wall


Don't forget the Spring-fling giveaway!  Only two more days to go...here!

19 comments:

  1. Is that a little heart I see in your coffee? How sweet!
    Glad the sunshine is there for you. Hope you spent the day soaking in the warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a very hard time reading your font. I am not sure why but it seems all messed up to me. Let me know if it is my eyes or the font. I do have eye troubles...

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jojo, I got to go for a walk with one of my kiddo's at school today, can you believe it, in the 'SUN'!!! So I know exactly how wonderful you felt, seeing the flicker of that bright elusive orb through your shades! It's been a long time coming! xo Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ps, your font is fine for me, I had trouble with another one of my friends blogs, and would have to read hers with foxfire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at that little heart! awwww...what a sweet little gift to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a part of my brain which can understand why some cultures worshipped the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is dreary today, but I hear a rumor that the sun will make an appearance this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, have that uncharacteristic sunshine today! It made my day to see the sun!!!!! I hope you are enjoying it too! I know I am.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to hear you had some beautiful sunshine. Can't wait to see what you did with the wall. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do believe I see a heart in your coffee and a C. I heart C too as in the farmlady!!! Hope your outside IN the sun sipping on it. Can't wait to see what you come up with. You've been on a blogging roll. I'm not having any problem with your fonts and never have had, just FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS I had to turn on the AC today, already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waiting with bated breath to see your wall treatment! No paint???

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful when we wake up to sunshine and a heart in our coffee. You must be doing something right honey. lol
    Okay now you have me wondering what you did to your wall so I guess I will have to wait to find out.
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Exciting! Can't wait to see what you come up with. Isn't the Spring "feel" wonderful? Much needed all around, isn't it?

    You made me smile again this morning!! ((hugs))

    (Font looks good to me and I can't half see LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how your coffee sends you messages. I think that is the best capture I've ever seen Jojo! I think that would have cheered me right up.
    Can't wait to see what you did with your wall!
    I do hope the sun shines brightly on you today. It snowed here again this morning, but nothing stuck! Whoo hoo!
    sending you big hugs today!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi jojo,

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'm hardly infamous, but it made me feel good just to read that! I strayed away from blogging for nine months, and now I'm back. So nice to meet new blogging friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH, and I'm waiting to see what you did to that wall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your coffee even hearts you Jojo! I always enjoy seeing a little decor update, will stay tuned for that. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  18. That coffee looks good! Make your lattes?

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...