"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, March 7, 2011

the gettin' is good...

...when I came home from a thousand errands last Thursday there was a package waiting for me.  I had recently ordered some items from Amazon and assumed that was what was delivered.  I soon realized that this package was much too pretty to be from a huge discount warehouse.  Hmmmm.

...inside was a prettily wrapped gift and card. A very funny card!







...ha,ha,ha.  Now this pretty wrap was nice enough in itself but there was more...inside was a beautiful scarflet.   Just look at this!




Isn't it beautiful?  Now, let me tell you all about the scarflet and how I came to be the owner of this special accessory.
This past winter my friend, the Farmlady, (do you know the Farmlady..you must check out her blog) decided to teach herself how to knit.  And knit she did, and she loved it...until she was introduced into the world of felting.  There was no going back after that and she set out to knit and felt some beautiful things including the scarflet.  Enter me...and my neck, you know the one that had 'c' surgery last November and was left with a huge scar across it that looks reminiscent of some sort of attack, yeah that one...but I digress.  In an effort to cover this massive scar (really it's only about 5 inches) I have tried many, many things.   Scarves, jewelry, bandannas, you name it.   I was convinced what I really needed was an Omega necklace but the hubs did not agree...story for another time.  Again,  I digress...I came across the lovely scaflet that was posted on the Farmlady blog and every so sweetly asked her if she would consider making one for me and my scar.  Lucky me, she said yes!  You really must see one in person to appreciate how much work went into this and just how lovely it is, but since I'm not about to invite you all to my home, or model my neck for you, you will just have to imagine me wearing it....nice huh?
Head on over and meet the Farmlady. She lives in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains with her hubby and some goats and chickens...well you just have to see it.  It's quite beautiful...go ahead...Over Good Ground. 

14 comments:

  1. Will I must say that this is one of the nicest "thank you's" I've ever gotten.
    I'm so glad that you like the scarflet. It was fun to make and knowing that it would keep you warm and cover the "C" scar made it even more special.
    Please just recover as best that you can.
    Farmlady and the Prospector, the goats, the chickens, Carl and Cutter are all rooting for you.
    Love and good health to you sweetie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice gift...it is gorgeous. Hope you are still getting better and better. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jojo! You commented on my blog about being imperfect. I was curious about you so I popped over! Your blog is so lovely-full of pretty things; honesty, and sincerity. I like that! Sound like you've been through the flood and the fiery furnace lately. Just want you to know I'll mention you in my prayers.
    Your new friend,
    Debora

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful package with a great story. Take care and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you all have a great week, Jojo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice tale- so nice to read today :D
    Hope you are feeling well, Spring is definitely here with us, though I see this morning the east is battling a little more winter..

    Stay well, life is good

    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely accessory made with care and concern by another lovely lady.

    This is one of those things that makes me smile and believe in the goodness of the human race.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Farmlady is just full of surprises and fun. I hope she enters my give away. Some how I missed it that you had a big scar, bet it's not as bad as you think. Go ahead and model the scarlet!!! So cool!!! I'm glad you got a present. Surprises are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is an angel. I admired the scarflet on the little bear and it was beautiful!! I'm sure it will fit you perfectly. What a wonderful surprise Jojo! Lovely ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, how very wonderful!

    The scarflet is gorgeous!

    The card hilarious! oh my...I'm remembering that little quote...so very perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful treasure. I love getting surprises in the mail. Even garden seed from a fellow blogger was like Christmas. As you know I am new to your blog and did not know of your past. But I found from having some large scars my self. They are just a part of life. And most people have them. They are normal. It is only how we our self learn to accept them. And be great full for them as I have more than 12 inches on the from of my belly. from belly button up. I trades this for life. As If I did not carry this proudly I would have died in 1982. The scars are really just evidence of a blessing. I know from some it is hard to live with. My hubby has many on his face. But I do not notice them. They are just a part of his details. Where his scar is a deep mental wound. I guess my point is . The scars are not seen as badly by others. So if we can look at them as a blessing rather than a curse. The scar has no power over our thought. I am also very grateful for all of your visits.
    Thank you my new friend. : )
    E

    ReplyDelete
  12. First off, you were saying last week about your photos!? These are great Jojo!
    What a nice gift to get in the mail. How lucky are you?
    Yes, felting.....one could get hooked on it! Lots of benefits with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate your not inviting us all over to model this I can't understand why....lol
    Girlfriend I would of been pretty darn excited too getting something this beautiful in the mail. It really is beautiful and I know you will love showing it off.
    Sweet of our friend to knit that for you.
    Hope you are well honey
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, your scarflet is gorgeous! What a lovely, thoughtful gift!
    Now I must go visit farmlady... and visit more of your beautiful blog too.
    linda t

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...