"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, February 21, 2011

Falling for Maudern love...

...it is very rare indeed when I get to use the name of a song (Modern Love) and my g-baby's name (Maude) in the title of a post!  Thanks to my son for thinking of it!

Well we are completely smitten over her by this enchanting little girl.  She has been the easiest baby so far for her mom and dad but this week when all the "grandma's and grandpa's" go back to work I think this may change. 

You probably have a picture of me, in your mind, camping out at their house, ready to jump into grandma mode at any moment but, truth be told I have only been to see her twice in the last eight days.  And, since hubby returns to work tomorrow, it may be awhile before I see her again...(he's my chauffeur).  The little dumpling lives about 1 1/2 hours uptown(?) downtown(?) from us and if you've ever been on the freeway in Seattle then you know why I won't drive it alone!

We went for a little visit today and the changes she has made in the last few days are quite striking.  No more newborn puffiness/redness, or curly hair.  It has taken on a reddish tone and her eyes seem to be bright blue although I know this often changes.   She sleeps well, eats like a little monster and constantly has her right hand up over her mouth/eye/face.  Even when swaddled she MUST have that hand out! 

A few pics from today:








be back soon with an update on my search for Spring...

21 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! I remember how terrified I was when the excitement of a new baby went away...and so did the visitors.
    I'm sure you and grandpa will visit every chance you get.

    congrats to you G~ma

    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so precious...what a great gift from God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty baby, I know you are proud and you should be :)

    Congratualtions for the newest member of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable. All the pictures are great! Thanks, for sharing that precious little one with us. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've already fallen in love with her myself. I'm so excited for you!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a doll!!! Thanks for sharing! Babies are such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't the beautiful! Love the name...that's an old, unique one! I love it when those names come back to use. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so right, she's absolutely enchanting!

    How wonderful that you live close enough to visit, yet far enough not to visit TOO much! LOL.

    Enjoy each and every precious change that Maude makes over the next, oh, say...20 years or so!

    hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how adorable and loving those baby feets!!!! isnt grandma hood the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the pics, Jojo. She's a keeper, isn't she? I am so happy for you!! I agree with laura, isn't Grandma hood the bomb???
    ILY

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jojo, enjoy every moment of you time with her. They grow so quickly and this beginning will go by so quickly.
    Maude is beautiful and love is surrounding her.
    Love the photos. You look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah Jojo, Maude is a beauty. What a precious addition to your family.

    I sure don't blame you for not driving that trip yourself. My daughter Season lives just this side of SLC, and it scares the beejeebies out of me to drive it myself.
    sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is just beautiful! You all look so happy. The kids are a blessing. Thank you for hearing me vent. I am so grateful for having a friend to send a hug across the country. Big hug back you way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jojo, I am so happy for you both! Nothing like a little baby to feel renewed again.
    The photos are great and you both look pretty contented!
    I remember that Seattle freeway.....don't blame you one little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww sweetie, she is just a precious little bundle of love. She's beautiful and you and your family are so very blessed to have this addition to your clan.

    God bless and have a fantastic day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your love shines bright! She's adorable!xo

    Jojo, did you get my email?
    Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful! don't you love how new babies smell and feel? I can hold them for hours. She was worth the wait and now you have something special to look forward to. Beautiful and I love her name, it'll be even better if she is a redhead!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such sweet feet! I know I'd be over there as often as I could!

    Come back and visit anytime to my blog--maybe I'll actually have a post sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maude is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful blessing for your family!

    I can see the happiness in your eyes. You are going to be the best G-ma ever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. JoJo I have been wondering if you had your new baby are not and here she is just so adorable.
    Honey are we just the luckest grandma's in the world.
    I am so happy for you honey
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...