"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The paper chase...

...continues.  You may recall, a few weeks ago, that I planted Paper White Narcissus bulbs and tried to force them into blooming by Christmas.

I bought the bulbs in a kit that included, well...bulbs.  I was a little disappointed, expecting more, but after reading the directions found that I needed nothing other than the bulbs, a small shallow bowl (or tall square vase in my case), some marbles or rocks and a little water and light.  Pretty doable right?

remember this?


here they are on Christmas Eve;






I am totally hooked on these little guys and they were SO simple to grow.  I received a few plantable bulb kits for Christmas so tomorrow
I am going to 'make' some dirt and get them planted too. 


I'm bringing Spring this year!

p.s. spell check says 'plantable' is ot a word...true?

11 comments:

  1. They will reproduce too! Soon you will have gobs of them AND your mystery bulbs. The lillies. You really are on a roll Jojo good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. works for me a spring time is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous and easy to do.
    Spring time in winter...works for me.

    tootles
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi jojo,
    Just wanted to swing by and let you know I am thinking about you while you are going through your treatments and wishing you nothing but the very BEST of everything in 2011. You deserve it! I love the narcissus,absolutely beautiful! ( what camera are you using for your photographs? I don't have anything green inside having discovered that cats like to dig in dirt ( someone said they poop in it too, but have never had that problem! lol) they literally kick the dirt onto the floor. Too much mess for me to clean up every day. Anyway, I say someone has to bring spring, happy its going to be you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely beautiful and like kathie, you are in our prayers and thoughts with all you are going through :) love n hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! They look great, Jojo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are beautiful!!!!! Can't wait to see the new ones! Hope you are doing alright with all the treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jojo, you are in my prayers every night of course and we are going to see you through this.

    Have you seen a Doctor about that green thumb of yours? Is it contagious? These are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are beautiful and didn't take that long to bloom. I got crocus bulbs, or is that croci, for Christmas. You know how long it will take for them to bloom? 12-16 weeks!!! I am serious. They have to be in a fridge for that long to mimic winter and get the roots started. We'll see.
    Spring IS on the way at your house!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love Paper Whites. These are so pretty. I think it is so nice to see them in bloom this time of year. Makes me want Spring to be here!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...