"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Embracing the New Year...



...I have be strolling through all your wonderful blogs today, catching up on your holiday celebrations and anxiously reading your New Years' resolutions.  Oh my, do you ever have some lofty goals for the year!

I decided, this year, to do something different for me.  I saw this a few weeks ago on a few other blogs and thought I would give it a try.  Choosing a word, a mantra perhaps, that will be your guide throughout the coming year.

Oh yes, I still have all the same old, tired resolutions; *take better care of myself *exercise more *lose 10,20,30 OK 40lbs  *go to church more often  *purge the house  *be more frugal...

This year I decided that I would begin the year, end the year, and live every moment of the year...to embrace the year and all it's possibilities.  I've decided to stop being an observer in my life and to jump in and live it.  Sounds ridiculous doesn't it, but when you are mired in illness and depression the hardest thing to do is participate...in anything.  I will embrace life and live it with joy.  *to play *to dance *to sing in the rain *to run through the sprinkler *to fly kites at the beach *to build sand-castles *to go on picnics *to learn how to play mah-jong *to take more photos, even if I am a sotc girl  *to bake *to read  *to...*to...*to...

embrace life
embrace joy
embrace new ideas
embrace forgiveness
embrace possibilities
embrace passion
embrace love
embrace, embrace, embrace

Welcome to 2011 Jj, this is your life, now go forth and live it, live well, embrace your dreams.



Embrace

1. ( also intr ) (of a person) to take or clasp (another person) in the arms, or (of two people) to clasp each other, as in affection, greeting, etc; hug


2. to accept (an opportunity, challenge, etc) willingly or eagerly

3. to take up (a new idea, faith, etc); adopt: to embrace Judaism

4. to comprise or include as an integral part: geology embraces the science of mineralogy

5. to encircle or enclose

thank you Merriam-Webster

16 comments:

  1. I don't have any lofty goals. I get up in the morning and take each day as it comes.
    Embrace? That is a good choice. I think I will start by embracing that photo of George Clooney on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful word to work with throughout the year. This is the first day of work for the year 2011 so I'm going to start the day with thoughts of embracing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe "embrace" suits you perfectly for the new year Jojo! Now, I'm going to hold you to this and come back to hear all about it, okay? ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a HUGE mantra person. A couple of years ago, I chose, "Just listen." Before that was, "Just try." Don't know what this year's will be. Maybe, "Just walk away from that computer."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one! It speaks to so many possibilities;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great plan, Jojo. Good luck and God bless you with that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is wonderful! I saw two other bloggers taking the one word approach to 2011. They were 'simplfy' and 'persevere'. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I sat with all my friends eating our New Year's breakfast I told everyone to think about one word to use as a resolution. Some were silly, off the top of the head, and some were very thoughtful. My word was 'organize'. I want to do this physically as well as mentally. I love yours. I want to embrace it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omigosh, JoJo, I absolutely love this...! What a wonderful idea. I just might borrow it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. G'day Jojo ~ My word is a continuation of all years before ... giving.

    How are you doing & when is the surgery. I think of you often, my friend. Prayers continue ...

    Hope you have a beautiful holiday season & celebration.

    Pop over for our lovely CSN GIVEAWAY!

    Have a beautiful New Year ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that! Embrace! I am trying to simplify this year. I need to simplify the house, my life, my weight, and that is my plan for the year. That is about as lofty as my goal is going to get this year. I hope we both meet our goals and continue them to the end of 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are inspirational Jojo! What a good idea for us all. Embrace the present moment as it is....not what we want it to be! I will try too.Thanks.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent things to embrace. Nice post. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey JoJo, thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It is fun to also come to your blog and "check you out". Love it.
    Embrace---------good word. It can encompass so much. You will have a good year with that determination to embrace all around you.

    My word this year I think will be HOPE.........yup.
    just hoping for lots of things, happiness, strength of body and mind, emotion, hope ???

    I saw on your profile that you are a book store junkie. I LOVE going through bookstores. Especailly quaint ones. Books are awesome.

    come again, let's see how we do with our new year WORD

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWESOME this is the best yet!! Me too.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...