"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Embracing change...

"apple blossom" amaryllis


...NOT  that change, I'm pretty sure I will never embrace that one, but then again I'm sure there is wisdom even there.

January always seems to be a month of reflection for me.  I attribute that to the let-down after the holiday rush and the dreary weather.  I am sure that those of you who are snowed in have at least seen the sun shine a few times...not so, here.  It lends itself to cabin fever, dark moods, wondering and reflection.

This week I will finally get to meet my new grand-daughter.  Whether she make her way here on her own or with the help of the doctor.  To say we are anxious and excited are understatements for sure, and I have no doubt this event is contributing to these confusing emotions that have rattling around my head.

There has been much extended family drama as of late and although I make a choice to not be involved in it, it is nevertheless exhausting to me.  Why these people, who are adults, can not act like grown-ups is baffling.  The jealousy, pettiness and back-stabbing feels like middle school all over again and again and again.  Oh, the game playing and the sneaking around other's backs, is just...just...just...too much and I don't want to spend any more time on it.  I am sure all families get this way on occasion but it seems to be a way of life for some of mine!

My son is the first child, grand-child, and great grand-child and now his daughter will be the same.  I only wish that my parents were here to share this wonderful and exciting time with us as they completely adored our children and would be beside themselves at the thought!  They would have been thrilled for us too, and would have acted like grown-ups!  My only other wish would have been for my daughter-in-laws mother to be here.  To be without a mom, she passed when Lauren was a teen, at this most blessed time would be unbearable. And the un-uttered wish of my heart: Matthew...

So, to my sweet Maude-Lily;
travel safely here dear one, we have waited so very long for you to come into our lives and we will be waiting with open arms and full hearts when you make your grand entrance.  You will be amazed, as will we, you will be treasured and loved beyond measure.  I know that when I see and hear you that I will be surrounded by mom, dad, Mattie and Myrna as they are as much a part of you as I am.  Sweet dreams...

12 comments:

  1. I know you must be so excited to see, touch and hold your sweet Maude-Lily. Babies are just so precious.

    Sorry about the extended family drama...hope that gets all better.

    Leaving you hugs sweet Jo-Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drama is never any good! Move beyond it and concentrate on the new baby and enjoy all that having a new life brings! I can't wait to hear about Maude-Lily's arrival!!! She will melt your heart and you will never be the same! SPOIL her rotten!!! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you are getting excited!!

    We all have that drama and I've literally taken my hand in the air to shoo it away when it gets to me. Doesn't always work LOL

    Ahhhh. What a blessing to have a beautiful baby arrive at this time of year. Will forever brighten up this dreary time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a poignant, loving post, despite the family drama part.

    Your mother's love is surely a welcome blessing to Lauren. How lucky she is to have you.

    The post brought me to tears. Babies are so healing. May it be especially so for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful post Jojo. I am so excited for you. You will LOVE this stage of your life...this being a grandmother. There is nothing like it in all the world. I promise, you will never be the same!
    hugs and love,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drama is for the actors only!! No place in family life. Best to 'stay clear' of ALL of it. It is their choosing to be this way....let them figure their own way out of 'the theatre'.

    Now to your grand daughter....I can feel your Jojo.....good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I know why I think of you sweet friend so often. You are such a sweetheart. I can not wait for the new grandbaby to get here too. You are going to be so overwhelmed when you hold her and kiss her for the first time. Wish I could be there to see it.
    Hope you are doing good. Let me know about you!
    I know exactly what you mean about not acting like adults and for some reason it is happening in my family now and I could just run to the hills well maybe crawl but you get the idea.
    Know this ole Texas gal thinks of you every day. She wonders how you are and if your okay.
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just to let you know... you are in my prayers today.

    (((Big Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for the safe arrival of Maude-Lily and your continued recovery. Babies are God's way of letting us know the world does go on. How exciting to be Blog Aunties to this dear little one. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jojo, I totally agree with what June wrote!!! I couldn't have said it any better! There's nothing more special than a baby, to make ones heart sing! Big hugs, Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...