"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The paper chase...

...*sigh* do you all know just how much I love it when I can incorporate a song or movie into my post title!   I remember asking awhile back if anyone knew what my posts have in common and that is the answer...song and movie titles.   But, I digress...


...we have skylights in our kitchen and, depending on my mood the time of day and time of season, I enjoy the extra light and warmth.  So do plants.  (I swear I could grow tomatoes from seed in there!)
My paper whites love it too...




This is the first year that I've tried forcing bulbs in the house.  I think they should be blooming by Christmas.  Have you tried this before?

9 comments:

  1. I have not. But it looks like a great idea!
    I don't have any skylights, but the farmhouse kitchen gets light from 3 sides so that might be an interesting thing to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No but I bet they are beautiful when they bloom. I always wish I had more light in my home during the winter when it's just gray, gray, gray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to force bulbs in winter...it takes away some of the dull gray that we have here in the Midwest. A splash of color! I love Paperwhites but also do Amaryllis each year too.
    BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics Jojo! Yes, I have tried this before. It is fun watching the whole process unfold before your very eyes. They will be lovely.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried that. Unfortunately, I did not inherit a green thumb. Mine is black, so even if I try, I would still kill the little flowers.

    I hope they turn out well for you! Post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know how to do it!! You will have to email me how! My kitchen gets good light, when it's sunny, if I open the drapes at the sliding glass doors, but then it is freezing in the kitchen!!! LOL. It's cold here. High's in the teens in the daytime, lows single digits at night, with snow on the ground. Oh to live in a warmer climate. I so miss my South Carolina winters. It gets cold down there, but not to this extreme or this long and never hardly snow.
    You will have to post pics when they bloom! I have never heard of paperwhites.
    ILY!

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not me...I didn't know what Paperwhites were LOL

    I love that you're watching things grow in the Winter...so uplifting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so neat...great idea! My plants are of silk variety, because I am a known plant killer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never have but I must say... those are beautiful. I love the photos and the marbles. What a pretty way to do this.
    I plant them outside and they come up in the spring but I would love some for Christmas.
    Someone gave me an Amaryllis one year. It bloomed for Christmas and that was really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...