"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The MacKenzie Brothers...

son-in-law, son, and hubs on Christmas Eve




...am I the only one who remembers the Mackenzie brothers from SCTV?  I swear that is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this picture...

There really isn't much going on here after all the hustle and bustle of last week.  We still have all our decorations up and will until Epiphany on January 6th.  We had Christmas eve at our house this year, as is the tradition I always had with my family.  It's so nice to carry that memory forward with my own family and now theirs.  We were also joined by my daughters' in-laws this year, a very interesting and thoughtful couple.

Of course there were lots of goodies to be had, both present wise and food wise, and we are indeed blessed to be in this place at this time with the people we love so much. 

On Friday I begin my "low-iodine-pre-radiation-diet" and I could not be more excited (sarcasm).  The diet is very limited, and I mean very.  There is absolutely no dairy allowed which for me, a child of the 50's, is unheard of!  Nothing with salt is allowed either which means no processed foods period.  Not that I eat a lot of processed foods but the amount of foods that have salt in them is staggering and none of them are allowed. I will be going to Starbucks tomorrow for a giant coffee/mocha WITH whip, and I will be eating the last of the Christmas cookies!  Cranky.  It's my word for January!

I've been strolling through blog land the last few day and noticed that many people are choosing a word for the year.  It is my understanding that the word is in place of resolutions and all the other broken promises of a new year.  This is a word to live by, to improve ones self, a positive.  I've been thinking of a word that I would like to use and have two that keep coming to mind.  I will let you know, on New Years Day just what I have chosen.  This year I tried to live my life with 'intent,' not realizing that I had chosen a 'word.'  Oh my!

Are you a resolution type person, an intentional word, all or nothing?  And do you have New Year's Eve plans?

9 comments:

  1. I do not remember the Mackenzie brothers...and I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas Jojo :)

    The diet? You can do it!! Is it just for January?

    I haven't heard of the "word", but I love the idea. I better get to thinking quick. Have been using thankful and blessed so much this past year, as I have been.

    This weekend is the "Christmas in the attic". I'm going to purge everything I can and give it to the Rescue Mission. GIVE could be my word :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all had plaid shirts, right? :-)

    We plan to sleep on New Year's Eve, as we have always done for many years. No more staying up for us, haha.

    No words, no resolutions, just try to keep things together.

    *Hugs* to you. God Bless. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoJo, I'm with LindaG. No words, no resloutions. I am however going to try and make a differnce. Happy New Year my friend!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course I remember the Mackenzie brothers!! hoser! eh! LOL

    OMG that pre radiation thing sounds horrid. How long do you have to stay on it?

    Like Debbie, I havent heard of the word of the year but I am willing to go with it. I hate new years resolutions. but a word might work..

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Needless to say...the men in your family are very handsome..your a lucky gal..lol
    Yeah, I've been over eating this holiday and probably packed on 7ish pounds which I aim to get rid of next year.
    I don't make resolutions...I just try to be a good person.
    Glad you had a great Christmas and a better New Year...

    love to you and yours,
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi JoJo.....I don't comment often...but I do visit.....I'm not sure what your illness is but I do so hope it is managed in this coming year....wishing you only the BEST sweet lady.

    Xo

    Jo

    Oh my word for the year is: Gratitude

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the picture! I hope the new year is a good for you. I hope the diet won't be too hard for you. How long do you have to be on this? I hope the radiation will go well for you.

    I don't make resolutions, I used to pick a characteristic that I needed to work on. This year, I will just try to keep going and maybe be able to have a real smile sometime. It will be a rough year for a while I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arrgggghhhh the D word. I cannot believe I don't have you on my sidebar! I need to clean that thing up;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh, I remember the brothers...ha!

    I wish you luck with the diet...it sounds not much fun!

    No plans here for New Years Eve...in the midst of our blizzard, will hang out with our grandchildren who are visiting!

    Happy New year to you!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...