"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Monday's **snap**...

...there is nary a photo in my camera that has naught to do with my surgery scar so I will spare all of you that miserable sight.  All that to say..no pics this week!

There is a palpable excitement in the air here. Anticipation and excitement growing, laughter and whispered secrets flowing, visions of food and fun and shared memories.  The season is upon us.  Those of you that live in this area know what I am talking about...not the season of giving, no, the season of s.n.o.w.

We usually get one big snow storm a year.  I know, talk about a bunch of babies, but this year with La Nina we are expecting a rather harsh winter and already it has not disappointed.  It's been snowing all day.  Schools are cancelled for the morning and there are huddled whispers of having to postpone the Holiday.  You have never seen such a frenzy as would occur when snow is in the forecast.  Where are the chains??!

Surgery, surgery, where to start.  It started with a quick trip to the operating room to have this infernal thyroid cancer removed and ended with me spitting out my two, new, front teeth.  (The one's I had to have capped after breaking them off biting into a frozen three musketeer bar at Halloween).  Between that and my new-found allergy to latex the surgery was the easy part.

We will know more Tuesday when the pathology is back and I have a follow-up appointment.   Then onward to the dentist for some new, 'new' front teeth and Thanksgiving at my daughters' house...what about you?

10 comments:

  1. so glad you're home safe and sound- even if it is without teeth.

    enjoy your snow and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As if the surgery wasn't bad enough you loose your two front teeth. You could write a book about this.... with the title; "All I Want For Christmas Is...."
    I wish you a fast recovery and an out of danger report from the doctors.
    Enjoy your snow.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow. I shudder at the thought.

    We all do have so much to be thankful for and as I get older it seems to be more each year or at least different.

    I so happy you're home and I'm praying for good news from the doc. Lol it does sound like the surgery was the easy part. I'm with farmlady and you writing a book about two front teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wanna see the scars... i posted pics of mine one time... got mixed reviews... but still the nursy side of me likes stuff like that... heck i realised how twisted i am when in anatomy a group of freiends and I were studying the anatomy of a cat while eating out at a chinese resturant... :) LMAO...
    dang on the teeth i am guessing the tube knocked them out?
    HUGSSSSSSS Laura~peach~

    ReplyDelete
  5. All you want for Christmas is your two front teeth? Have a great Thanksgiving. We have all kids and short ones coming. There will be around 25 around the table. YIKES! We also have our Christmas, so the house is getting decorated. Glad the cleaning lady came on Sat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have missed part of this story but I sure hope you get your teeth for Christmas!

    Talk about snow and panic! You should be in Louisville KY when we get snow. Even a flake predicted a week out sends herds of people to the Kroger for milk and bread. If there is actual snow 200 cars will be involved in accidents between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. on a week day morning; more if it's a week end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jojo! Im your newest follower and LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your site! Im just finding you as im new to blogging but WILL BE visiting you often! I have an interior design buss and blog and im doing 14 days of xmas trees...I would BEYOND ADORE you to visit! and i have a giveaway

    *ENTER CUSTOM FLORAL Give-Away Here *



    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad surgery went well. Hope your teeth get fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh. *hugs* God bless. Hope you can all have a blessed holiday week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our niece has been updating us in Olympia on the snow fall ... green, errr, white with envy!, Jojo.

    How are you doing, I hope better every day. Sorry about your teeth, hope they implant you quickly.

    Have a beautiful & blessed Thanksgiving.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...