"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Monday's **snap**...

...where I give you a snapshot of my wild and wonderful weekend, whether it be an actual snap or a figment of my imagination.



these are the blueberry fields near our home.  The old home and barn are empty and dilapidated and the fields abandoned.  Until recently I didn't know they were even here.  I took my chances and explored a little but it was rather muddy so I will keep it in mind for next summer and see if I can get some sweet blueberries...yum.

I feel rather 'nesty' lately.  I can only assume that it has to do with my upcoming surgery next Monday.  To say that I have real concerns about this surgery is quite the understatement.  Some of the possible complications are quite severe and have me reeling at the thought.  I prefer to be an informed patient but I think that having a medical background is not always to my benefit.   

Although I don't want this to become a medical blog, this is a huge part of my life right now and the support I get from you can make all the difference in the world.  I also have an upcoming post on this kind of cancer and the treatments thereof.

I have a doctors appointment every.day.this.week.  grrr...
by the time Monday comes I probably will be glad to get the rest!

Whenever I have a surgery, vacation or the like planned, I always feel the nesty need.  I must get my house cleaned and things in order.  Not in case I don't come home but in case I have visitors. Besides, I like coming home to a clean house.  I must get some meals cooked and in the freezer, shopping is done, laundry will never be done.  Most things are under control at this point...except me.

In an honest confession that I can only reveal here; I am so very uncertain about all of this.  I am uncomfortable with the entire situation and if I had my choice I would not have the surgery.  I realize it is cancer but I would rather take what time I have left enjoying my family and waiting for my grandbabygirl to get here.  I regret telling my children about any of this as I know they would never forgive me for being too tired to fight anymore.  I wish they could understand...I wish I could.

take care peeps, thanks for the well wishes, and PLEASE no lectures.  I'm just not up to it.

15 comments:

  1. No lectures my dear friend, only love and prayers and wishing I could be there to help you. I love you dearly. Let me know please what is happening. I have been down with shingles, so been kind of out of the loup of things. Please keep me posted and remember, I am here, and I care so much!!

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. No lectures from me either, and I admire your strength to have the surgery. You've been in my prayers sweetie and I will have you in my thoughts all week, of course.

    I understand the nesty thing. I do that too, plus it keeps your body busy while your mind goes round and round, as I'm sure it's going about 120 mph.

    We're here. You're not alone and I wish, like Debbie Jean, that I was closer and could help in some way. I'll think positive thoughts and send them your way and pray.

    Big hugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what kind of lectures you thought you might get, but none from me either, except, take care of yourself, and know we all care. May the Lord give your strength and wisdom during this time. Please keep us posted, if you feel like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well my dear dear friend... I so can understand... and I being the child of an adult who feels she cant carry on understand that feeling too.
    I am the medical weirdo who likes to know all in great detail as knowledge is power and ... so is a clean house :)
    BIG HUGE HUGS and i wish i was close enough to physically help and cook and just be there... you are in our prayers always
    LOVE Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jojo, Yes this will be a long week for you.
    A year ago I was in a situation.... being in the hospital and not knowing what was up with me.It took them three days to determine what was happening to my body. It was heart related that was all I knew. Like yourself, Jojo, it was difficult to deal with this. So I did my best to stay focused on the present and not 'fast-froward' into the future. It did help.
    Easy to say but hard to do, I know. But try.
    You are right your peeps are here and your family. Lean on us and them....that's what we are all here for. Take care.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. JoJo I will try not to lecture you either but honey you know we all love you and want you to get the best care. Please don't give up and not fight. I know that is easy for me to say I am not going thorugh this but as a friend I am being selfish and want you around to laugh with me and correct me and encourage me and God listen to me how selfish I am. I just want you to be well and do everything you can to think positive because positive thoughts are the most important to have at this time.
    Call me or send me an email so we can visit
    Love ya girlfriend
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck. God bless. *Hugs* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get the nesty thing...totally!

    And appointment every day this week...oh my!

    Big hugs, love and prayer coming your way! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. no lectures from here either, just prayers, good positive thoughts and big hugs..

    And you are right, sometimes we medical people know too much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. a lecture? from ME? we've spent the better part of the last 4 years in the hospital, I totally get your not wanting to mess with it.
    we do what we have to, and sometimes that's more than should ever be asked of anyone. (((((JOJO)))))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jojo, no lectures at all, just lots of hugs, a few tears, and a multitude of prayers. Imagine that you are now in a cocoon of good wishes, positive thoughts, and God's warm and loving embrace. You're completely safe in that cocoon, and it is, in fact, a safe place to rest and recover. I love you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are an amazing person with amazing strength. I can certainly identify with your feelings. I wish you the best as you prepare for your surgery. Sending you good vibes!! **hugs**!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dear JoJo,

    We must fight for them. And sometimes that is the only reason that it is worth the battle. I am so sorry that you are having to go through another health crisis. It is exhausting and painful and trying, but there is still SO much to continue on for. Your new granddaughter NEEDS her grandma to teach her all about the world! And focus on how much fun that will be, dear one!

    Good for you for nesting and taking care of the things that you will be too tired to do later. You will need to focus on healing, so the more that you can get done now, the better.

    Please stay in touch and take good care, dear one.

    Much love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jo, I have been so busy lately, I haven't had time to visit my favorite bloggers, so I am a little bit out of the loop. Is it your thyroid? Cancer is a scary word, but I have a gut feeling you are going to be just fine. Don't ask me how I know -- I just know. And we're all praying for you. You're in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh sweetie hang in there. I know that it is so hard, but I am praying for the best outcome. I am not very strong in the fighting arena, and so I know exactly what you are saying about just enjoying the time with family. It is always so hard to know what to do. And maybe if I were faced with it, I would feel so much differently. Take care and know I love you dear friend.
    Sending really big hugs to you tonight...

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...