"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

White Wednesday...


...a few years ago I was given two of these as a gift.  The rectangle
and the small oval.
I've never really been sure what they are or how I should use
them,
so they have lived happily on a shelf in my dining room.
They have a spackly like finish on them
but
there are no markings on the bottom.








Last weekend when we were out and about I came across another one, a larger oval, so I picked it up and it now sits with the others.  I have used them on and off for this and that but I really am at a loss as to what they were/are.  They seem to have an art-deco look to them...could they be planters? bowls?  Have any of you seen these before?  If so, what the heck are they?

Happy White Wednesday, I am linking to the party over at Faded Charm.  Come join the fun and check out all the other Whites.

on a side note: Thanks for all the supportive comments.  I met with the surgeon and although I am not ready to discuss our plans we do finally have a plan!

8 comments:

  1. I don't have a clue what they are, or what they are used for. I'd probably have 'stuff' in them.

    I'm glad you've come up with a plan! Keep us posted, as much as you want to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no clue, but yeah, I would guess you could use them for a potpourri, or those little soaps or something.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are unusual-never seen them before-but I love the pink insides!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what they are either! You'll have to show us what you decide to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen anything like them before. Very interesting as bowls of some sort. Um....

    They are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At a loss here too. Not planters though....too delicate looking?
    But I like them....nice lines.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...