"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, October 25, 2010

Re...Re...Re...

...we all know the "RE's" don't we?  Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

This weekend the hubs and I went to the Re-Store for the Habitat for Humanity.  This was something that I have been interested in checking out and since we have been looking for tile for a new back-splash we started the day here:


Neither of us had been here before so we were mildly shocked surprised at how much 'stuff' there was.  You name it, they pretty much had it, except for tile.  Nails, light fixtures, old dryers and dishwashers, an abundance of sinks and toilets, laminate, granite, marble, furniture and cabinets, tub enclosures and on and on.   Except tile. 

Not to be thoroughly disappointed though, I did find this (for $2):



It's a 12 x 12 inch glass block with a very interesting waffle design.  I have plans for this baby but, you will have to wait and see.  Oh, and there was one more thing that was quite intriguing? or creative?  Not sure exactly.  I'm all for the "RE" but this is definitely not my style!



Happy Tuesday y'all.  Keep good thoughts for me today, I have my first appointment with the surgeon to talk surgery and staging.  Thanks!

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! LOVE the Re-Store.
    we're building a house and I hate white fixtures- we scored three gorgeous toilets at the Re-Store- a blue one, a harvest gold one, and (from the '50s') a mint green one. They're awesome, they'll actually, yanno, FLUSH and they were less than $50 each. Even adding new guts to 'em they'll be substantially less than new toilets. And not white.

    And I was able to just pay cash for 'em. Because the thought of paying off toilets for the life of our 20 year note just sorta sat wrong with me, if ya know what I mean *~*

    I also got 2 solid wood, 6-panel pocket doors for the bathrooms- for $20 each.

    (last post deleted to correct a typo. geez I'm OCD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my first visit to the "RE" store about a month ago! I was amazed at the stuff they have. I look forward to seeing what you plan to do with those :)

    Good luck at the doctor, hon. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had a need for anything from the Re-Store but I've donated items to be sold at the Re-Store. It's so great to help support homes for those who otherwise wouldn't have a home. Working on a Habitat house this weekend, matter of fact. Look forward to seeing what you're up to with your finds.

    Best of luck with your appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The house we live in now was built over 30 years ago. We found a side door of the right narrowness to replace one that was badly rusted - at a Re store.

    And since we are completely re-doing a turn of the last century house (no pun intended. ;) ) I thank you for reminding me of Re stores. I must locate some in Louisiana.

    Good luck and God bless! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that glass. We replaced the glass panel in our front door to a waffle texture and love it. It dressed up the door while still letting in the light we crave. I can't wait to see what you do with the glass tiles.

    I'm keeping you in my prayers. Hugs, Marla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, come on. A toilet on the front steps is all the rage. Isn't it?
    I want a Re-Store in my town.
    Can't wait to see what happens to those glass bricks. I have always liked them and have always pictured a window of them in a bath.... a shower built of them.
    Have fun and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a neighbor who has used a toilet for a planter. Not my style either. Will be anxious to see what you do with the glass blocks.

    Sending up prayers for you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I meant to say in my comment, also, that I have seen planters like that, especially in the South. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I love the toilet seat plantter, but I'm not sure I would want it in my yard. I do, however, love the idea of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

    I will be waiting to see what you have in mind for the glass block. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All good thoughts coming across the Atlantic Jojo! Good luck.
    Love the glass block! Let me see, what could you be doing with this?!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  13. So funny!!! Yep, that's not really my style either, but I am sure glad to have tht two I have in the house.
    Can't wait to see what you will use the glass block for...what a buy and a find that was Jojo.
    Have a great Wed. my friend...huggies

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...