"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

White Wednesday...


...a few weeks ago, on a lazy-rainy Sunday afternoon, my hubs and I grabbed a coffee and went over to the local Antique Mall.  I love browsing all the different stalls and seem to always find something unusual to bring home with me.  And indeed I did!


I was in a section close to the back door when I spied a box with at least a dozen old windows in it.  Now, I just love me some old windows and have two stained glass Windows from the 30's.  These were not that old but all were in pretty good shape with no broken glass.


In my little head I could envision where I wanted to put one of these babies...I could picture it in the room and how the light would reflect...the wonderful chippy goodness of the frame...ahhh, yes.


This one came home with me with the intent of being painted white and distressed but as I cleaned it up, with a wire brush, I decided I just loved the way it looked.  And the placement?  It went into a totally different room, the kitchen, between the end of the counters and the door that leads outside.  Looking forward to another rainy Sunday afternoon!



Happy White Wednesday and thank you to Kathleen for hosting this fun party.

5 comments:

  1. I wish I liked windows like that, because our retirement property has at least a dozen of them and I plan on painting or replacing all of them.

    Congratulations on your find! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It's shabby beautiful for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very nice find to me. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed that old window last week. I love them and have bought a few over the years. I agree with you that it looks great all beat up. I bought two that came from a tavern and each little pane was a different colour glass. I have used them inside the house as room dividers without the glass.It worked well.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the Habitat Resale store, I saw an entire area of them. I also love them and what you've done is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...