"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, September 17, 2010

Things I've learned...part deux...

...recently, on my day of solitude, as I was pondering my life, I realized that I have learned many, many things along the way.  I also realized I would be remiss to keep this information to myself,  thus you benefit!


*Be specific.  very specific.  use childlike words whenever possible.  For example:  if your husband is off work for the week and calls you in the early afternoon wondering if there is anything at home that needs to be taken care of...be specific...when you say you haven't taken anything out for dinner that night, and could he please see what's in the freezer and take something out (for said dinner).  If you have not been specific then do not be surprised if when you get home at 5pm there is a twelve pound turkey defrosting on the kitchen counter. 



Happy Friday y'all.




13 comments:

  1. Looove this post, I can totally relate to it!(I'm sure most women can)! I hope you get to enjoy turkey 'sometime' this weekend! :)
    Yum, now I'm hungry for turkey too! Thanks for visiting my blog, I love it when a fellow Washitonian comes by! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Gave me a laugh. I would not be laughing though if it were me who found a turkey thawing to cook for dinner this time of year. Around my place it would be safer to go out and eat rather than ask hubby to find something in the freezer for our dinner. LOL Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are kidding right?? LOL

    Send me a turkey sandwich okay?

    Better than having no one here to take something out and you eat cereal or peanut butter!!

    Happy Friday to you to hon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop giggling at that one. It's priceless.

    Yesterday Keith was home and I asked him to pick up our daughter's contacts from the optometrist. He did but forgot to pick our sons up from school. Multi-tasker he's not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm laughing sooooo hard!!!!!!!

    Gotta love these "helpful" guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is funny. I will have to see part one when I get home from work. So what did you have for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! Of course, when I get home, if Mike doesn't have anything out for dinner, that means Buger King, Taco Bell, or Pizza or something to that effect!
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha....I would never even tell my hubby to do that.
    So many things they don't know....

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a hilarious story! LOL...just have to say, my husband would know that turkey would not be an option for same day eating! Just sayin'....I trained him right!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How funny honey or maybe not when you are living it. lol
    Yes sometimes it pays to be specific especially to a man....
    miss you and think of you often
    Hope you enjoy this weekend
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness. (o.o)
    Fortunately, my hubby would have just fixed something.

    But I can still relate in other ways...

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL...not only would my husband have done the same but he would have made it my fault because he just did what I asked him to do (always blameless).
    BTW...great blog!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...