"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, September 27, 2010

Spring cleaning...




...there are three days left of the 30 day challenge and today we are digging deep, we are getting down to the nitty-gritty, the real dirt.

Confession:  I didn't do any Spring cleaning this year.  That's not to say that my home isn't tidy, or that you would get sick if you dropped by, but, I simply didn't have the energy to do any "deep" cleaning.  This only serves to make the Fall clean-up even harder and quite frankly I am not up to that either.

Enter my magical, crazy, inventive, inspired, brilliant mind.  After complaining about not wanting to do the big stuff, ie; carpet cleaning, closets, cupboards, etc., the hubs volunteered offered to help me out...one room at a time.  So we worked out a system...

Hubs if off work on Mondays so we designated that to be our work day together. I made a list of every room in the house, including the garage and the porch and decks.  Then placed them ever so gently, ha, I threw them into a bowl and said, "go ahead, I dare ya..." while secretly saying to myself, "please don't pick the garage, please don't pick the garage, please.don't.pick.the.garage."  He picked the bathrooms.  ack!

For a reasonably small house we have three bathrooms.  I don't know why. 

So, we spent the day cleaning bathrooms.  Stripping floors, scrubbing tubs and showers, sinks, counters, tiles, grout, fans, toilets, shelves and under the sink.  Times three!

I am so relieved that we got a great start but a little apprehensive about what will be pulled out of the bowl for next Monday...ahhhh, Monday, Monday.  

How was your Monday?

6 comments:

  1. May I please borrow your husband on Monday's??? :)

    I sure love the look and feel of the deep cleaning but I have to be in the right mood to even tackle those chores.

    I think you should just switch the list in the bowl so that they all say whatever you want to clean that week. I know, I'm bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg what a wonderful idea.. going to do that here. but i am suspecting the hubs will decide to do the outside stuff hes been talking about for years!!!!! HA HA love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one here to help but you did give me an idea. I could put scraps of paper with a thing to do on it in a bowl and I could pick one to do each day.

    I know me. If I don't like it, I'll throw it back in LOL

    This inspired me for tomorrow. I'm not doing anything today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me feel like a slob!!! Oh yeah....Spring Cleaning.....
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't do that much on Monday, lol. You guys are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'eve Jojo Thank you for the sweet comment & wishes.

    When you are done, would you stop by my place?

    I'm taking a short break & I'll be up in a week.
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...