"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, September 3, 2010

out of the darkness...

...I found this little cutie when we were at the junk antique mall last weekend.  It is/was in dire need of cleaning...




still needs some more work on it but eventually it will be a sweet little treasure.  I'm not sure what it was used for, I would never drink out of it, but it does look like a wine 'glass.'  I think I will be keeping this one for myself.





please excuse the afternoon shadows!
have a good, healthy, safe holiday weekend.  Remember, no white shoes after Monday!  take care peeps...xo~mama pajama.

16 comments:

  1. I would use it as a vase!! Can you imagine the gorgeous pictures you would get with it? Beautiful. Hugs. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! Can't wait to see it when you have it all cleaned. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. it has character dont you think??? great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'eve Jojo ~ That is going to knock your socks off when it is sparkle-y. Love the design & shape ...

    Have a beautiful PS & safe holiday weekend.
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning...just beautiful. I myself kinda like silver a little dirty...lol...honestly...no joke there!

    have a wonderful weekend my friend,

    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was a vase...it is beautiful!

    I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn no white shoes after Friday does that mean I have to go to Payless this weekend. lol
    This is a beautiful piece...I guess it could be a wine glass or vase a pretty rose would be nice in it.
    Thanks so much honey for the love you show me and my family especially my sweet Kaci
    she is still not where they want her to be I just wish I lived closer.
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had plans to go thrift store shopping today but economics got in the way...I love what you found!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really beautiful! (as everyone else said!)
    Junk/antiques...yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really think the table cloth is quite stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really think the table cloth is quite stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love, love, love it...!!! That's Art Nouveau, right? It looks Edwardian and it's absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like a very charming bud vase. SCORE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE it! I go with the wine glass theory. And, I agree...the tablecloth is to die for!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...