"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, September 23, 2010

my backyard, August

 ...I couldn't think of anything witty for a post title tonight and blogger isn't letting me into my photo album, thus, this was still on the camera.  Lucky me, lucky you.  I don't like to post without a photo...it's just the way I roll.

I am humbled at the concern and generosity that you have shown me today.  Your thoughts and prayers, your comments and e-mails, your well- wishes and support have proven to me that I am in the right place.  Physically and Spiritually.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

You have given from your hearts and I have read each and every e-mail and comment.  I have much information to process and many questions to ask my doctor.  It sounds like there are some long-term issues to be concerned about but overall I think that I will be o.k.  I am terrified of having surgery and at this point that thought is what is holding me down.  Anesthesia and I are not BFF's!

If not for you I'm sure that the next few days, until the lymph node resection, would be too stressful for me.  I not only have to take care of my heart but I have to take care of my "heart."  The one that beats in my chest...as most of you know, I had a heart attack a few years ago and stress is my biggest enemy.  I must do all I can to keep it at bay. 

That brings me to my MIL.  She is doing much better today.  Had carotid ultrasounds and they were both clear.  She is adjusting to a new dose of coumadin and blood pressure meds, which can be difficult to tolerate at the onset.  She seemed to be in good spirits when the hubs was there and they were able to take a little walk down the hall unassisted.  She plans on going home tomorrow but we are more hopeful for Saturday.  Thank you for adding her to your thoughts and prayers.

If not for you, my friends, I would be lost, lonely and afraid.   Thank you again from the bottom of my heart~~Blessings to you and yours~~

10 comments:

  1. Thanks, for the update on your MIL. Glad to hear she is still improving and tests came back clear.

    You dear lady have lots of friends here who genuinely care for you and we are here for you.

    Praying especially for you and the surgery right now. You are going to do just fine.

    Get some rest and sleep well tonight.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your backyard photo :)

    Good news on your MIL and that is a worry off your mind, I'm sure. Sending up positive thoughts and prayers that the surgery will be a breeze.

    The weekend is almost here and I hope you can get more rest and continue to take care of yourself.

    Big hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoJo, sending you all great and positive thoughts and for peace in your heart.

    Prayers and blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's easier said than done about the worry, but if there ever was a time to turn worry over to God, this would be it. I didn't know you had a heart problem so try try to let the worry go.

    Check your email. Hugs, Marla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings to YOU, my dear! It's my experience that even the most stressful of situations can be made at least a little less so when our friends rally around us. Consider yourself rallied around. :)

    Love, hugs and prayers...prayers, prayers, and more prayers. And I'm glad to hear that things are going so well with your MIL, but will keep the prayers for her going, too. Talk to you tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad the news of you MIL are better than first thought.

    Blessings to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JoJo thanks for the updates. Glad your MIL is improving. I am also glad you know your limits on stress. Keep it that way. I will be holding you in my prayers.
    Love and Blessigs.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  8. *hugs*
    God bless.
    Hope you all have a blessed weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take a deep breath and stay in the moment. You will be OK. Try not to anticipate bad things....that's unnecessary worry that may not happen.
    Remember the people out here who do care and are wishing you all good things.
    What IS the problem with Blogger? I can't get any photos up either.
    Hugs and love.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Naturopath told me a couple of years ago when I was having to get used to new meds that it is best to accept these rather than stress out or 'reject' them.. They (the meds) will do what they are supposed to do if we let them. Don't resist. I'm sure the same is true about surgery...if it will help things, let it happen with an open heart Jojo. And then your recovery will be so much easier. Our good thoughts are with you.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...