"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kickin' and Screamin'...


...Fall has been pushing and shoving gently coming our way the last few days.  I must admit, I am not ready, although, I love Fall, the colors, the crisp-cool air, the falling leaves, apples, college-football, candles, food-holidays, and wreaths, I still long for the summer that never was. The gardens that did not produce wonderful sweetness and beautiful flowers despite my best efforts.  I was still holding out hope for Indian Summer.


these candles are Citronella, out on my new deck, and were never intended to be "floating candles."  That is until last weekend when we had well over an inch of rain Saturday night.  *sigh*  I spent some time out there yesterday and it is painfully obvious that I need to start in on the Fall clean-up.


this little table did not fare so well with the recent rain but it sure makes an interesting photo, don't you think?  I wonder how many layers are on there and how they could have possibly threaded them all together.
I know that most of you have been having the summer from hades but are you really ready for Fall or just cooler temps?






3 comments:

  1. Poor little table...

    I'm just wishing for cooler temps, but Fall must be just around the corner because the grass has slowed down. High 80s this week...but low humidity. Would love to get out and enjoy it, if not for the burning itching eyes and nose annoyance :(

    Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooler temps would be very nice. Fall is okay but the work it brings with it I am not looking forward to. We have lots of trees so lots of leaves and pine needles will need to be raked.

    Sorry about your table. Rain would be real nice here. I am also sorry you did not have much summer. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on that chair....I went outside this evening and was eaten up with mosquitos. I think with all the rain we have had, it has caused them to be horrible...I need some candles like yours, they are cute and are so much nicer than the ones you buy in a tin container!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...