"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, September 18, 2010

I'm still standing...


...it's been 18+ days of the 30 day challenge and I must admit, this is more difficult than I thought it would be.  My life is just not that exciting to post something every.single.day.  With that said...I am digging deep today, in fact, it's just my Saturday stream of thought.  (go home now if you know what's good for you!)

I had a doctor appointment today, scheduled to be the first one after lunch, she was already running 1 hour late.  I love her, so do all of her patients, but how the heck can you already be an hour behind first thing??  Suffice to say I spent about 2 1/2 hours for a routine follow-up.  Treated myself to a "1 pump mocha, 120 degrees, no whip" coffee afterwards and everything was all better.  Stopped at the junk vintage wares store and wandered around for an hour while the hubs took a nap in the car...spent the rest of the day contemplating something that I need to discuss with the children..oy.  My blood sugar is a little low right now, 77, so snack time is nearing.  Who knew about "vision boards?"  I just saw an article about them on another blog and had no idea.  Sounds like a fun idea but then again...if you have been reading this blog for awhile you may or may not have noticed that 95% of my post titles have something in common.  Can you figure out what it is??

Enjoy your Saturday, it will be a lazy, rainy, college-football one around here...go Huskies!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Saturday and yes, you guessed it. We are seeing so much in Iceland. Today we head south and will be staying on a farm so I'm not expecting internet connection.

    Make a vision board. It's a great exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about the vision board in The Secret and thought it was a good idea then. No, didn't do it. I don't subscribe to any magazines since the Internet.

    I've realized just how boring my life is by having to come up with something every day that might interest someone LOL.

    Sounds like a great Saturday you have planned and I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of 'vision boards' until your post. It must be a lot cooler where you live than where I live for your hubby to nap in the car while you were wandering around enjoying. Bet you enjoyed that mocha, nice you were able to have one. Have a happy and fun Saturday. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, first off, Go DUCKS!! :)

    You feeling ok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are you feeling? Everything okay with you?

    Have a fabulous Saturday. Now I am off to get a ... mocha! thanks for the idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'day Jojo ~ TY for your sweet visit today ...

    Glad that you enjoyed your day & treated yourself after the visit. I do believe ALL Drs. run behind without question ... Did you find any treasures as you meandered?

    Have a beautiful week, my friend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful Saturday here too! A far cry from yesterday when we got a ton of (much needed) rain.
    Saw my doctor yesterday....he is always very prompt and allots 20 minutes per patient. Guess I'm lucky....he's a keeper!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be a hard challenge! To post eveyday! Good for you! Those coffee drinks do the trick for me everytime too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jojo that's along time to wait for a doctor! She must be gooood. I don't think there's anything I dislike more than going to the doctor. Need to do it soon thoug, before the deductable starts over.
    I could never post something on a daily basis. I can barely get it done three times a month.LOL!
    I hope everything is ok with you Jojo.
    Sending big hugs...

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...