"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

30 days hath September...


...April, June and November.  Remember that rhyme?  Well, along with everyone else I am shaking my head at the fact it could possibly be September already.  With our summer being dubbed the 'no summer 10' and 'Augvember,' it's no surprise that September seems oddly out of place.

I must admit that it is with considerable trepidation that I welcome Fall.  Although it is my favorite time of year, and filled with new beginnings and sweet cool, crisp afternoons, there is something about it that causes me to tread lightly.  Unlike any other time of year.  Perhaps I will have to explore this on my next day of solitude.

Several other blogger friends have challenged themselves to 30 days of blogging this month, and I have decided to join them.  We'll see how it goes.  By far, it will not be easy for me, and if it turns into something I begin to dread then I will bow out.  I love blogging and I don't want to tarnish my experience with high expectations that I can dribble out anything intelligent every single day.

With that being said, I have 101 a few excuses ready at hand to use in desperation.  You may just get the weather report some days, or the rain totals.  You may find a lovely picture, or not.  You may find that I am possibly the most boring person on planet earth, BUT, I am sure that "we" will find out much more about me and I am looking at that as a good thing.

Enjoy your Fall transition where ever you may be.

7 comments:

  1. LOL on day two and I'm already at a loss! We will just take this a day at a time. I think we'll forgive each other, don't you? :)

    I look forward to Fall also, but Spring is my favorite. It's been so hot this year in NC, I'll take a cool breeze any day now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOh that's a good challenge Jojo, do you mind if I join you? I always try to remember that saying but never can. Unless right in front of me, it escapes my mind, which I admit, is not hard to do. I hope this finds you feeling better if not well. Hugs and love. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the drivel... i am in too.. come read my whines and join my pity party lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been out of the loop so long I missed summer and the written for a month.... I am ready for a little cooler weather. We have been running with heat index aroun 115 to 121...it's hot.
    Thank your for visiting me when I was on my soap box. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A camper told me the other day that she saw a caterpillar with no fur and that means we will have a mild winter. I agree it just doesn't "feel" like September.

    Post every day...... my duties stand in the way......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not committed to writing a post every day, but I will enjoy reading the posts of those who did.

    I am very much looking forward to fall. In my area we broke a record this summer so 2010 will go down as the hottest summer on record. I am really ready for some cool, crisp fall air. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...