"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

White Saucers...

...across the street and down the road, over the river and through the woods, lives an old(er) couple with a huge dahlia garden.  (They obviously bought the correct bulbs!)  Rows and rows of wonderful dahlias...*sigh* dahlia love. 

They have built as small roadside stand and sell their flowers, a few vegetables and sometimes berries.  I stopped on my way home and found most everything sold out, except, this huge-flying-saucer-sized- dahlia.  There was one~~ .50cents.

Now it lives with me:







Happy White Wednesday, be sure to stop by Faded Charm and see all the other wonderful whites! 

9 comments:

  1. Oh some beautiful white dahlias would be perfect right now. All my flowers have withered, despite "almost" regular watering. Difficult summer for annuals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great-wish I could grow them-so many ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dahlia. I have a granddaughter named Dahlia! Also, Lily and Tansy. They are even more beautiful than the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I have to comment again, so I can see the follow ups. I wish I knew how to get follow up comments when I have to sign in for the 1st time of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple, Serene & beautiful! Good purchase. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! You always find the bargins JoJo!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  7. its beautiful!! what a great way to brighten your day..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful dahlia pics!
    There is a guy 'down the road' here who has a huge garden full of these. Only problem for me living here is that you have to 'take in' the tubers every fall.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...